Is Jerry Nelson still performing?

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Jerry voiced all his characters except Lew Zealand. Lew was played by Bill Barretta.

secret squirrel

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
now I want to watch it again...I thought Robin sounded a lot different....maybe Jerry had a cold or something?

also, why did he NOT play Lew Zealand?

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
"maybe Jerry had a cold or something?"

Jerry is older now. He has had some health problems, but he's a remarkable man and an astounding performer.

"also, why did he NOT play Lew Zealand?"

Have you ever tried to record dialogue to match someone else's lip-synch? It's a pain in the neck. Bill's version sounded fine.

The only one of Jerry's characters he's not dubbing on an ongoing basis is the Two-Headed Monster, mainly because it's hard to dub gibberish. Joey Mazzarino is performing Jerry's half now.

secret squirrel

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
"Tough Pigs *does* have an official performer list for VMC..."

Scott/Scarecroe: Thanks for posting that link. I don't know where that casting info came from, but it's 100% accurate.

secret squirrel

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel
Scott/Scarecroe: Thanks for posting that link. I don't know where that casting info came from, but it's 100% accurate.
Well that's good to know. I believe Danny credits his 'Anonyfrog' source who I'm assuming works for Henson.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Anonyfrog. He must be the green guy in the trench coat and dark glasses.

secret squirrel

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel
"maybe Jerry had a cold or something?"

Jerry is older now. He has had some health problems, but he's a remarkable man and an astounding performer.

"also, why did he NOT play Lew Zealand?"

Have you ever tried to record dialogue to match someone else's lip-synch? It's a pain in the neck. Bill's version sounded fine.
I completely agree with your first point...no question...I'm glad to hear he's still in the loop!! He's always been one of my fav's

For your second, now that you mention it, I have, only once, and thinking about it, it WAS really hard...and that was me dubbing over myself (more or less). So yeah, that's cool....thanks for the input

WiGgY

Reaction score
I may like Bill's Lew more than Jerry's. I never really saw Lew much. I haven't seen the muppet show in ages and his parts in the movie's was minimal. Bill's was kind of more "zanny" but the laugh needs work. I read in another post tha Jerry is 68! So I think we will need to get use to hearing other people do his characters sooner or later. Though Jerry may still be performing I think he should start training his own replacements. It would be a cool experience and it would ensure that if Jerry retires his characters will all have a voice.

Did Frank train Eric to do Fozzie and Piggy? It seemed like it. Eric's Fozzie and Piggy acted so much like Franks. If I didn't compare Eric's and Frank's voices side by side I wouldn't have realized there was a change.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
"Did Frank train Eric to do Fozzie and Piggy?"

Wiggy: Eric is completely self-taught. Frank's time is very limited, and if he had the time to train someone else, he'd likely use that time to tape his own performances.

Eric has discussed the characters with Frank a couple of times, but the real improvements have just come from hours and hours of practice. Impressive guy.

secret squirrel