1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Is Jerry Nelson still performing?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Splurge, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

I think Eric Does A great Job with Piggy. I have a hard time telling the difference between his and Franks.

Jake Lockman
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I've still not been able to find out exactly what is wrong with Jerry, and I'm also curious about our friend Secret Squirrel, but it's likely best the name or position not be known seeing as how (in the past) our famed visitors were bombarded with posts and emails.

BTW, Squirrel, if you talk to Jerry, pass on my best wishes to him, will ya?

Thanks
    FOZ
  3. radionate

radionate New Member

Ditto from me "secret squirrel". I'm sure everyone at Henson knows how dear and special they are to us.
  4. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Wow! He did that all on his own? That's pretty darn amazing. I wish some of the other performers that took over old characters were like Eric. Waldorf has never been the same. The voice is way off and even the way he acts is off. David Gole does his best I'm sure, but it's just...weird. I think most of Jim's characters haven't been the same. Kermit went through a weird time but I think he's comming around, and Rowlf and Dr. Teeth haven't been there so who knows if their new performers are good.

I thought the retirement of Oz was going to be devastating to the muppets but it's actually been better. Oz can do the directing he wants and his characters live on as if he never left. One day, when Oz directs a new muppet movie, I'd like to see Franks Fozzie and Eric's Fozzie have a conversation. Maybe Bunsen could clone Franks characters, or should I say Eric's characters :D .
  5. Fozzie Bear

This reminds me.

Some friends of mine and I were digging in my archives and I pulled out the original Muley puppet and was letting him talk (Man have I improved on making puppets since then), when I reached over and grabbed the newest Muley puppet. The two began having a conversation realizing that each WAS still Muley.

The big laughs came when they started asking each other:
    "You mockin' me?"
    "You mockin' me?"
    for a few minutes.

No big whoop, just some fun that happened at home.

FOZ
  6. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

hey secret squirrel, out of being curious, do you work for henson..possibly as one of the performers???....you seem like you know more about jerry than any of us here..

ryan
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Naw, why would you think that? ;)

Anyhoo...I see Eric has *really* taken over Oz' characters...he even performed Yoda in VMC I see! (Im surprised the Lucas gestapo wasnt sicking their retainers on JHC;) )

Thanks so much for posting Squirrel! It's really cool to get updates from inside sources. I think we were all concerned about him retiring, so its really cool to hear he's still working on Sesame and other appearences. I mean, the Count just wouldnt be the count without Jerry!

On the TP credits for VMC, I notice a few characters that arent voiced and puppeteered by the same person. Man, that must be a bit of a team effort syncing that kind of thing!
  8. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

i found out on www.imdb.com although they could be wrong, john kennedy did not even do dr. teeth, it was bill baretta...i thought dr. teeth was johns character now??....

ryan
  9. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

so is lew zealand bills character now or did bill just do it because jerry wasn't able to do the character for the movie for that one time?..

ryan
  10. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Bill did it because Jerry wasn't there. Jerry is still Lew's main performer though. Lew has not been recast like Piggy or Fozzie.
  11. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Bill probably did Lew because he was there and could do the voice. It's better to have a live performer than a voice over. What I want to know is why is most of the electric mayhem silent? Were they in the Snoop Dog scene and then cut? I'd like to haer them all do at least a song.

Here is something else I noticed today that has nothing to do with anything. :D In the Kokomo music video, why didn't Zoot do the sax solo? I watched it today and it just bugged me is all. :D
  12. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel New Member

Yes, the Electric Mayhem had dialogue in the Snoop scene. There was also a lot of neat Muppet Theater stuff that had to be cut for time. Maybe someday it will see the light of day, who knows.

secret squirrel
  13. matleo

matleo Active Member

hey Secret,
    That sounds cool!! Can you tell us a little more about some of the cut scenes or are you not at liberty to say?

--Matt
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I think it would be best not to ask that. Squirrels are very tempermental and I don't think that people who work for Henson are meant to be here, so prehaps it would be best for us to just pretend we didn't know.
  15. Fozzie Bear

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
    hey secret squirrel, out of being curious, do you work for henson..possibly as one of the performers???....you seem like you know more about jerry than any of us here..
    ryan
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I think it would be best not to ask that. Squirrels are very tempermental and I don't think that people who work for Henson are meant to be here, so prehaps it would be best for us to just pretend we didn't know."

THAT, and if they DO work at JHC and let us know that information, they will be bombarded with TONS of posts and e-mails. At least at first, but once they're "used to" by the members it'll all slow down. I think it's best for our friend the Squirrel to not disclose any information whether they do or don't, and as long as they provide real and honest info to us, more power to the "secret" I always say!!

Well, I don't ALWAYS say that, but I just did.
    Nevermind... :rolleyes:
  16. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

ya i guess, i was just curious though...it wouldn't be a big deal if secret squirrel said they worked for henson, or if they were a performer..i was just simply curious...

ryan
  17. Fozzie Bear

My feelings are hurt. I use Fozzie Bear for a screen name, and you've never asked if "I" work at JHC!
  18. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

So, do you?

:D
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

It's funny some of the best dialogue and scenes get cut, but the horrific slow and destracting Heaven scene in the opening stayed. I think the fake Croc hunter and a number of other things should have ended up on the cutting room scene...to me the travesty wasnt Snoop Dogg being in it, it was some of the abhoirrent throw away pop culture references and cameos.
  20. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I know Jerry Nelson did the Count's voice for this season of Sesame Street, but, did Frank Oz do Cookie Monster for this season? I seemed to have heard that somewhere.