1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Is Jerry Nelson still performing?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Splurge, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Thijs

Thijs Member

That`s a good question. If Frank retires, who is going to do Bert, Cookie and Grover? Erik jacobsson?
  2. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Eric has been performing Bert and Grover. David has been performing Cookie Monster.
  3. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

What's the word on AVMMC DVD? Is one comming out anytime soon, or ever for that matter? If so, what are the chances of getting all the cut scenes on the DVD with a feature that lets you watch them where they were cut like the Austin Powers DVD? I'd buy it in a heart beat if it had that as a feature, especially since it seems all the best stuff was left out.
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

A VMMC (Very Merry Muppet Christmas) DVD is scheduled to be released next fall. As far as extras, it is too early to tell what will actually make it on the disc.
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I agree with some of the references making what could be a timeless film suddenly become dated. One day soon, Crocodile Hunter won't be known anymore, and folks are going to wonder what the heck is going on. Just like the "Hulkamania" junk in MFS!! That made me angry, and it wasn't even funny. Also, I felt that Whoopi was okay as God (after being promoted from Nun?) and the main problem there was that the writing could have made her be more compassionate. That actually was a note made by a friend of mine who isn't quite so religious, too!!

I hope in the future, they leave out the modern junk that will put a time-frame to the movie and just roll with it. That's why I try NEVER to write dates into anything I do, if it's a past date, fine, but I'll always ALWAYS write "Present Day"...which, of course, will be noticed that it ISN'T present day when it's viewed in the year--oh--2475!
  6. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I hated the Hulk thing too. Hulk was in a lot of 80's movies and now he's back. I hated that scene. I did like Whoopi as god though. The whole even god can't work a remote thing was funny. They could have cut alot of the heaven scene. Like the whole thing with betting Danny L ( :D ) Was gonna get in trouble. That was really stupid, poorly acted, and not needed to extend the story.

I don't think putting in timely stuff ruins a movie, but stuff like the Hulk does. I mean not everyone in the future will know who half the people in the Muppet Movie are, but the parts the guest stars did were done well. When no one knows who the Hulk is, all that will be left is the bad acting.
  7. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

if they do a dvd of the christmas movie, hope they can show the electric mayhem scene..i'd love to see what the band is saying to snoop..

ryan
  8. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

i bet he's telling EM to update their act and to try some hip hop or sometihng.:D

Sarah
  9. matleo

matleo Active Member

I spoke to a friend of mine last night who works for Henson, she said that Jerry is doing well and not to worry, but certainly send the good energy and the positive karma.

--Matt
  10. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY THAT'S REALLY GOOD TO HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

You have a friend?

I mean a friend who works for the JHC.
  12. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

hahaha....

ryan
  13. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

yeah! what about you;)

Sarah
  14. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Let's all send get well cards to Jerry!! let him know he's loved!!
    FOZ

JIM HENSON COMPANY FAN MAIL
    POB 20726
    NEW YORK NY 10023
    USA