Is Kermit Love still around?

Splurge

Reaction score
Hi,

Is Kermit Love still alive? And if so, what's he working on?

matleo

Reaction score
Yes, Kermit Love is still alive and kicking. I think the only thing is workign on is well..sitting back and relaxing. He's retired now and like 90 or something. A few years ago I attended the National Puppetry Conference in Waterford, CT and they ctually got him to come and give a guest lecture for an afternoon. it was wild!! I mean the guy really is a legen and he kind of knows it. He's...I ca't really explain what it's like listening to him talk. he's a real character. He has some very strong opinions on puppetry and he's just real fscintaing to listen to. I mean, he's the type of person you just hangon his every word and soak it all up. I know they'v talked about doign that again with him at the conference but I haven't really been back cause of time/money issues. Hope this helps.

--Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Didn't he also used to cameo on SS? Like the fruitstand or something??

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I thought I saw him credited on Muppet Treasure Island as a puppet builder or something.

Maybe not.

I'll check later...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Kermit Love played Willy on Sesame Street.

He was also on Follow That Bird.

Splurge

Reaction score
Thanks folks. I thought I had read that Kermit Love had passed away, and I may have actually read it online somewhere. But once again, this proves that you can't believe everything you read online.

How long does it take to grow a beard like that anyway? :smile:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yes, I had thought he had passed away as well. Fortunately, that seems to be false.

Was Willy the old guy with the white beard and hat on SS who's usually selling things?

matleo

Reaction score
hmmm...you know that conference I was at was 3 years ago. So if he passed away it was fairly recently. It is entirely possible I was wrong. Like I said I think he is arond 90, so it is possible.

--Matt

Splurge

Reaction score
Well, on Internet Movie Database, Kermit Love is not listed as having a date for his death, which is another positive sign.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I read somewhere (I cant remember where) that lots of performers and Henson people attended a Birthday Party for him.

I think it was recently, But im not sure.

see ya