Is Kermit Love still around?

matleo

Reaction score
that would have been Rick Lyon's web site, Warrick. And I remember when Rick posted that. it was about 8 months after I heard him speak. Hope that helps.

--Matt

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hey - here's a fun Kemit Love fact - did anybody know that in addition to Snuggle and Big Bird (among other Muppets), Kermit also created the UpUp and Granny Cat puppets on the 1980s syndicated series "Romper Room & Friends"?

Brooklyn

Reaction score
Kermit Love IS alive

A good friend of mine worked w/ him. He just offered some advice on a show that I am developing through my friend. What are your thoughts on having an interview w/ Kermit on the site? Maybe I can compile your questions and get them to him to answer and post his replies. Thoughts? If you like, please send me your questions as soon as possible adn I will see if he is up for it.
i love all these muppet smiley faces, btw...cool idea :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

Xerus

Reaction score
I was watching an episode of Gerbert and I found out Kermit Love had played a giant life sized puppet guy who shows us how to make a tugboat out of a cardboard box and paper towel tube.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I would like that and maybe i could meet Kermit. i would like to know if he is working on any new show, what shows he watches now and what stars he would like to work with out of todays stars.

andyholmes

Reaction score
Kermit Love is still alive

I speak with Kermit regularly. He is 91 years old and lives two hours north of New York City. He lives in a home he and Christopher built a couple of years ago. It sits on nearly 15 acres. Kermit is as sharp as ever. Truly brilliant, one of a kind. I've been close to him for the last 20 years.

Xerus wrote:

I was watching an episode of Gerbert and I found out Kermit Love had played a giant life sized puppet guy who shows us how to make a tugboat out of a cardboard box and paper towel tube.

Kermit was very involved in the Gerbert television series - especially the second and third seasons. He was our Creative Consultant - although that misses his fuller contributions. Kermit did not play a life-sized puppet. I believe you are referring to "Benny Brush". This was the creation (and presentation) of Mark McCord. Mark was our production designer that season and created the "Benny Brush" inserts as well.

I will tell Kermit many are asking about him. I know he will be blessed to hear of your interest in his well-being.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! I didn't know he was involved in Gerbert! I used to watch that show all the time!:smile:

andyholmes

Reaction score
Kermit Love

I talked with Kermit Friday morning and told him folks on MuppetCentral are asking about him. It made him happy to know people are thinking of him. He's doing well - especially for someone who is 91 years old.