Is Palisades no more?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
If this is true, and it looks like it very well may be, it is very sad. Palisades put out a great Muppet line and were very customer oriented. They really did care about their customer. Best of luck to everybody who worked there.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I really hope that this isn't true. If it is, I wish all of the Palisades people the best. Thanks for years and years of wonderful toys!

Frogster

Reaction score
Oh man... that's just awful. No wonder the Sesame Street line hasn't been talked about much.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Death of the Childhood Imagination...

Look - the reason SO MANY companies are going down these days are that they are playing with a margin that is used by covering and spanning - Meaning one success story leads into new venues without promising outcome. Hence major debt - and eventually no more fun stuff.

Secondly - Dead beats - I have heard the stories in forthcoming interviews - over and over again of Retail vendors stiffing the manufacturers for money on a constant basis. They order stock on the cover basis as well - if something sells from a vendor they buy a certain amount and make all kinds of demands depending on the size of the retail outlet. Only large Corperations can handle this buy-back/credit/Ad Dollars for dead weight mentality. Lil' guys like Palisades get beat by Comic and specialty shops as well as the big dawgs - vendors you would never expect. This is true to the end. Anyone will tell you.

Who the **** in charge of filling up Toy stores anyway - it's like the Lobbyist in the government - There is some marketing jerk out there telling us what we should buy - why don't you ask for what you want - all I see anymore is Mattel/Fisher Price - where is the little guy?

Lastly,The Speech -
IMHO - the lines that have been put on the market have be done. Look how many companies continue to snap up worn out licensing. I mean, look at the out bound Palisades lines - Planet of the Apes, Terminator and Alien/Predator - How far can that go? Some Marketing jerk says there is no market for Sesame Figures... Fisher Price seems to be doing pretty well with the license... Manufacturers are relying on the chldren to carry these lines. But, when was the last time you saw a kid pick up an action figure and PLAY? How much time do children spend on the computer and Zombie boxes? - Who is encouraging Kids today to use they're imagination?:grouchy:

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
One more thing...

ToyFare - no matter how I love thee - you are full of crap. Put some real news in there instead of feeding us BS tabloid stuff you think is funny. Tell us what is going on in the Toy Manufacturing world so that we as a community can help make a change. :rolleyes:

MWoO

Reaction score
Well this just stinks. I really wanted those sesame figures ,especially since I have SUper Grover already. You can;t have just ONE sesame figure!

muppetperson

Reaction score
I was wondering why Palisades hadnt updated there site, apart from removing the snow effect.I thought maybe they were on holidays.I hope the news isnt true.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
What we need to do is make a petition to save Palisades Toy Company.

tomahawk

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
What we need to do is make a petition to save Palisades Toy Company.

As long as the petition includes lots of money with it.