Is Palisades no more?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Guys... It's with a heavy heart that I come bearing the news. Palisades Entertainment LLC is indeed done. There's a thread where Michael Crawford posted a letter he got from Mike Horn, President of Palisades explaining what happened. And basically, Palisades is out of business. And I had such high hopes for the SS action figure line.

Will always have a special place in my heart for Palisades, they rekindled the spark of the Muppets in my life.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Here's the thread the Count is talking about. And here's the big quote that says it all:
An email from Mike:

"I regret to inform you that after more than 11 successful years, Palisades Entertainment, LLC has discontinued its business of manufacturing and selling licensed and proprietary action figures, collectibles, toys and other goods. This development parallels a general trend within the toy industry, including the bankruptcy of one of Palisades’ largest customers.

Palisades has sold a substantial portion of its assets to another industry player, an affiliate of C.A.S. Iberia, Inc. named Limited by CAS, Inc. That company will continue the sale of certain of the brands that Palisades developed, including the Factory X line.

The sale transaction did not include employment for me or my wife Kate, who many of you know. Consequently, neither Kate nor I will be reachable at the buyer’s offices, nor will we have any ongoing relationship with the buyer.

I don’t have any plans for the immediate future beyond enjoying life with Kate and our children, until I figure out our next chapter.

I’d like to take this time to thank all of my friends and colleagues, and in particular, the team that helped me build and nurture Palisades for so many years."

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
What we need to do is make a petition to save Palisades Toy Company.
What you need is to BUY every muppet toy ever produced by palisades before they are gone forever:sleep:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I'm missing a lot of the exclusives/giveaways, but all I really want to complete my collection is a green Frog Scout.

Anyone?

I'll give you cash (reasonable amount of course) or buy something online and have it shipped to you for a trade.

I can't stop saying this: this really, really sucks. I know a lot of people are out of jobs right now (hopefully they can bounce back as good as Travis did), but I'm going to be depressed for at least 3 months. That's how long it took for me to accept that Sal was not going to be produced.

But I've been depressed for most of my life, so I guess it won't be so bad, for me that is.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
This is really upseting. I remember the excitement of looking for the new Muppet Show figure and opening it up and just admiring the detail and finding a special spot for it with the other Muppets. I was looking forward to going through that experience again with Sesame Street but it seems that won't be happening.:frown:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Oh no! What sad news. Again, I say THANK YOU to everyone at Palisades for such amazing dedication to your product and your customers. Your Muppet figures and playsets have given me such delight, and I wish you all the best.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
This is so dissapointing...It's horrible, I can't believe it. I thank Palisades, and all the fabulous people who worked there and made the Muppet action figure line all it could possibly be.

Ryan
theprawncracker

muppetperson

Reaction score
It's a shame that the David Bowie/Jareth doll also wont make it.Unless the other company comes to the rescue?