It was a sad day when Jim Henson died....

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
SirGiggles said:
of course Hunt died in 92' and his character has been taken over by his brother adam hunt but hes not really seen until one small scene in muppets from space
Actually that is incorrect. Adam Hunt is not Scooter's new performer; he merely voiced the character for that one scene in MFS. And I believe it was Steve Whitmire who did the actual puppeteering (such as in the 'Brick House' morning sequence).

In IAVMMC, Scooter was performed by Brian Henson. He was then taken on by Rickey Boyd, who performed him for MWoO.

Muppet Matt said:
Which song did Oz Hunt and Whitmire sing? Did they sing Saying Goodbye at Jim's funeral? I Think it would have been a good choice.
Actually it was all of the core Muppeteers who were left that sang - Frank, Richard, Steve, Dave and Kevin. They performed "Just One Person" at his funeral (as their characters). I've also seen a videoclip wherein they perform a medley of Jim's favorite songs from TMS...and they start out with the chickens clucking "Babyface".

-Kim

superboober

Reaction score
I've heard they also played "Lydia the Tatooed Lady" at his funeral as well.

FraggleFan

Reaction score
i'll never forget it.. he passed on my 10th birthday. my parents and sister didn't tell me until after school.. they also kept me from seeing the funeral or whatever it was that was shown on tv. mr. henson was and is one of my hero's.. they knew i would take it pretty hard and didn't want to see me upset on my birthday. what an amazing man.. amazing soul. :smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
superboober said:
I've heard they also played "Lydia the Tatooed Lady" at his funeral as well.
Yeah, I believe Elmo sang it actually, I have the mp3 of it somewhere...

puppetise

Reaction score
ok i was born the same year he died and i cry when ever i see that clip and i can see why i was born itnto the muppet world by the way when did he diein1990

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
puppetise said:
by the way when did he diein1990
May 16th, I believe. I'm gonna rely on my "instant recall" and not look it up. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.