It was a sad day when Jim Henson died....

Garland

Reaction score
No alas I did not get a butterfly. But years ago here in NYC at Lincoln Center Library they had a Dark Crystal Exhibit and they had all the all puppets from the film displayed really nice and they were amazing in person. Much larger than I had expected. The Kira and Jen puppets were so pretty in person...I wonder where all that stuff is?....it made for a great museum exhibit.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I was born around the same time that he died.I kind of think of myself as a modern day Jim Henson.The first one died so another could be born.

Garland

Reaction score
Jeepers...I did not know it worked that way...

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I was 15 when Jim Henson Passed away. I used to have every news paper clipping and news reel fick that I came across. I remeber so maney touching things about it. I always wanted to see the Memorial service which I was told was somewhere On DVD or Video. I stil get butterflies thinking about it. Jim touched a lot of people.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
The funeral is very emotional but very great. If you get a chance to see it, you should be very lucky, it's really great especially the speech Frank Oz made. There are some hillarious and some tear jerking moments.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i was 5 then it happend... i remember seeing it on the news n stuff and i also recall the next day k-2 grade had "morning Message" evryday at 9am i rememeber the teacher telling us kids to bring in any muppet stuffed toy we had. We sang "Not easy being green" and i also remeber ALOT of kids had Big Birds, Cookie Monsters, Kermits, Muppet babies. I had a Muppet Babies Kermit the one from McDonalds. :cry: :smirk:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I just got the funeral. It's amazing. Frank Oz and Michael Frith had hysterical speeches, but a couple people stopped in the middle to cry, and that was almost traumatic. Louise sang and it was rully pretty. But no one ever applauded, which made it kind of awkward. I know you're not supposed to applaud at funerals, but still. I totally recommend this to anyone who can get their hands on a copy.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I think it would be better if you just get it onto a dvd because it is about a 3 hours funeral.