Its a sad sad day...

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
But enough about that stuff. It's just funny because now we have this weird phase in our culture in which things from the past come back in 20 year old's T-Shirt form. Once again girls are playing with Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears, and Boys are plying with G.I. Joes and Transformers. Even the cool Ninja Turtles are coming back. So why NOT like the Muppets as well? I mean they'll always be around, they've always BEEN around (well... as back as the 50's...).
Care Bears, Shortcake, and all that other cutesy cartoon garbage from the 80's makes me less than happy, when I see merch of that at Hot Topic. Then again Im not a fan of Scooby Doo, and other so called iconic classics. What *I AM* a big fan of of course was the anime influenced stuff I loved growing up, be it Transformers, Ninja Turtles, etc. So it is quite good seeing a new TF revival, and even more so the big TMNT revival happening soon. And yes the Muppets...oh man they need that Fox show more than ever now...sadly people still think of em as old kiddy nostalgia...but we know better^_^ Some are stuck in the past, and yeah thats cool...but Im all about the future, and the greatness to come....<----vintage Cory rhetoric there.

Originally posted by frogboy4
And yes, I was and still am a very strange kid! :big_grin:
And we love ya for it!^_^

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Awwww, well forget about them. Such uninspired people are going to ask you if you "want fries with that" ten years from now so I wouldn't bother much with them. :wink:
Yessssir! And we'll all be working as big-time Muppeteers for JHC! We'll be askin', "Do you want... fries with that???" *pulls out french frie puppet* MWA HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH AHA HA AHA HA HA HA HA HA! HA HA AH AH HA HA HA!

Ooooooooooh-hooooooo-hooooooooooo!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Teenagers go through a "cool" phase when they believe what they see on MTV and try to be like and impress others. They don't understand that what they actually admire is a person's individuality, but then try to copy it. Rather sad.

I actually like the cutesy care bear and rainbow brite stuff as long as people realize that they are not really quality projects, but rather they are just fun kitschy pop art of the 80s. The image of the Muppets can fit into that category, but there's also the fact that they still create quality product for fans around the world. They are more than just corporate logos, they are thriving personalities. I just hope they get a good project soon! But there's nothing really wrong with the cheesy images of Strawberry Shortcake. I think it's funny and seeing that stuff makes me smile.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
kids today end up watching something dumb lke pokemon, but i can't imagine those kids not hearing of at least kermit the frog or even as annoying as he is elmo....thats just todays kids for ya..

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Teenagers go through a "cool" phase when they believe what they see on MTV and try to be like and impress others. They don't understand that what they actually admire is a person's individuality, but then try to copy it. Rather sad.
Aw, nuts! I knew there was something wrong with me. I'll be the only teenager in the history of teens to only watch MTV to get another look at the Muppet/Weezer video. I guess it's better than...

Yo, I'm the slim shady,
The only slim shady,
All the other slim shadies...

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Getting! Eminem! Stuck! In! Head! Yiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score

i hope they don't go through an eminem phase since he's a hot ticket now..or for that matter christina aguilera....i've seen 15 and 16 year old girls that dress like that if i go to a mall and that's just sickening to me...

ryan

Thijs

Reaction score
O yes, the "cool phase". I`m glad that was only a year or two.

wolfy

Reaction score
You think you have it bad? Don't worry! I have been getting grief about Muppets and how much I love them since the 70s, and my sister (to this DAY!) still complains to me that I MADE her watch "that stupid Sesame Street and those [deleted language here] Muppet Show [another deleted word]." Yeah, she cusses a lot for a woman of 28...

Have you ever considered asking any of those freshmen and sophomores if they watch other Henson shows, such as "Farscape?" Perhaps if they knew of other things that the Creature Workshop did besides Muppets and Sesame Street characters, for which they are famous of course, then they might be a little more understanding.

Of course, you are always going to have your horrid little creeps who will put you down no matter what, but that is because they think their friends are going to put them down if they admit they really watch those programs!

By the way...my son, who is a senior in high school, said "Good for her" when I told him that you chewed out those nasty kids on the bus who put down Muppets.

See, you have LOTS of people rooting for you, even those who AREN'T on the site! :smile:
wolfy

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
you know i don't think people have to be ashamed to say they like the muppets or watch the muppets...i watch seasme street from time to time..and people know i like watching the muppet show videos i got from time life...they don't care.....hey the muppets are better than majority of the tv shows that are out right now...

ryan

Gerard

Reaction score
I made a Kermit replica, to entertain my brothers and sisters. I was sitting in the carpark today, and these 3 kids walked past. One of them said, "Hey, that kid is playing with Sesame Street toys! Loser." The others laughed. I enjoy playing with Kermit, and was really hurt.