I've asked it before and I'll ask it agian: Time Piece

jrhzoot

Reaction score
To MuppetDanny

I was just wondering. We realize that you have Timepiece. A few people on here have expressed that they want to see it. You've suggested doing a trade. But what if they don't have anything that you're interested in?

So, how would you suggest that they go about trying to get it?

Part of me wants to be angry because there are so many people on this board who have a lot of material others would like to see. Yet, selling things is just never an option partly because it's technically illegal, but also partly because it's always been thought of as an insult to the one who gathered all their own collection through the years (can be argued both ways about this). For MANY of us, this is just a no win situation.

So, what truly do people recommend? Are others to wait around until someone is kind enough to do a blank tape trade, or will there just be countless specials that the majority of us will never get to see?

leliebel

Reaction score
jrhzoot said:
I was just wondering. We realize that you have Timepiece. A few people on here have expressed that they want to see it. You've suggested doing a trade. But what if they don't have anything that you're interested in?

Part of me wants to be angry because there are so many people on this board who have a lot of material others would like to see. Yet, selling things is just never an option partly because it's technically illegal, but also partly because it's always been thought of as an insult to the one who gathered all their own collection through the years (can be argued both ways about this). For MANY of us, this is just a no win situation.

So, what truly do people recommend? Are others to wait around until someone is kind enough to do a blank tape trade, or will there just be countless specials that the majority of us will never get to see?
I sense some frustration here :wink:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
jrhzoot said:

Hi

I do hear what you are saying. I am in the same situation as everyone else and feel the same as you. Others have stuff that I would like, but because I don't have anything they want from me, we can't do a trade. I'm afraid I don't have any answers.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Trades don't have to be in the form of tapes! Product, or other items, are just as good. I'm trading off one of the 2 Mahna puppets I made for some tapes!! There's no rule stating that tapes have to be traded for tapes. There's other forms of 'payment,' too. Any Palisades figures you need? Old toys, magazines, books, coloring books? What would you trade someone for a copy of Of Muppets and Men? Lots of ideas tehre for trading, folks! :smile:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Trades don't have to be in the form of tapes! Product, or other items, are just as good. I'm trading off one of the 2 Mahna puppets I made for some tapes!! There's no rule stating that tapes have to be traded for tapes. There's other forms of 'payment,' too. Any Palisades figures you need? Old toys, magazines, books, coloring books? What would you trade someone for a copy of Of Muppets and Men? Lots of ideas tehre for trading, folks! :smile:
If you look in my trading rules I do say that I may accept Muppet memorabilia instead of tapes and I do have items that are on my wish list - please take a look! If you have any puppets you are prepared to trade please let me know - I'm always up for puppets. Please e-mail me :excited:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
You could trade just about anything! even non muppet items if the other person is also interested but I wouldnt go asking for a tape trade of a muppet production for an adult video. (not that I have any) I wouldnt go trading for a kick in the teeth either.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
You could trade just about anything!
That's what I was doing with my Mahna I made, looking for 4 different items of interest of mine: Ghostbusters, Blues Brothers, Muppets or Peanuts.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Anybody ever think that Jim might have had a 'thing' about time? There was "Timepiece," and then the song "Tick Tock Sick."
I read somewhere that Jim was afraid of time. That's why so many of his projects revolved around it. He was afraid of growing old, and some think that's why he died so young. He didn't want to get older than that.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Nah, that would have been suicide then.

Then again, if you don't go to the doctor when you're sick...

You know what? I wonder why with 5 kids, wife, and all those friends and crew members around why SOMEONE didn't just force him to go to the doctor?? Heck, I'd have paid for his doctor bills, man!!