I've Got a Problem

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I agree with everyone. If you're not financially in trouble because of it, and you have no serious religious aversion to gambling, then there is nothing to worry about. My aunt once won about 5000 dollars from playing, which helped her and her family fly to Ireland to my uncle's funeral, so it can be a blessing as well. At least, that's the way I see it.

rtgentry

Reaction score
Playing the lotto is in My books called Paying Stupid tax. Anything you waste money foolishly or causes you to lose money is Paying Stupid Tax.

Emeowrald

Reaction score
Tell him the odds of getting hit by lightning are higher than his actually winning the lottery. Still if your dad has a gambleling problem that could be more serious.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It's never fun when someone in the family is doing something the rest of the family is uncomfortable with. Regardless whether it's affecting the family finances or not, if it's bothering them; it's inappropriate. However, this is a problem that's greatly going to be one your mom will have to handle, so make sure you encourage and support her.