I've got the Henson exclusive!

DOGTOW

Reaction score
Jim Henson Figure Arrived !!!!!!!!!

Hi,
just recieved my Jim Henson Figure this morning.It is excellent.The box is realy really nice, with great pictures and art work on it.The figure is very cool.

Dogtow :smile:

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
That is great! Enjoy the figure! I just ordered mine today from the Palisades' Collectors' Club so hopefully he will arrive at my house in a week or so. I cannot wait to get this figure!

It is such a good month for us Muppet Action Figure collectors - Sweetums, the backstage, an amazing series on its way, and now the Jim Henson figure. Plus, a big Palisades' announcement just weeks away! :excited:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It was originally supposed to come with a Kermit hand puppet, but that was taken out of the final product, right?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
It was originally supposed to come with a Kermit hand puppet, but that was taken out of the final product, right?
Yeah, that is correct. However Henson decided against it because the Jim Henson figure is actually based on a Jim Henson puppet and not on Jim Henson himself.

They thought that it would be strange for a puppet to have a puppet of a fellow puppet.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
That would have been cool... wait a minute, Fozzie did it... and they're releasing that figure in S9!

DOGTOW

Reaction score
yeah that's true.I was looking at the all the bits that came with the figure, to see if there were any puppets with him, as that would have been really cool.Saying that, the bits that palisades put with him are so nice !!
Thanks
Dogtow :smile:

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
That would have been cool... wait a minute, Fozzie did it... and they're releasing that figure in S9!
True, Fozzie does come with a puppet but that is because he actually used Chuckie on the show. The Jim Henson puppet used on The Muppet Show was not a puppeteer, but a member of a Country Trio band (along with Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson*), and so if Jim Henson (as a character on the Muppet Show) came with a puppet, it would not seem right. Does that make any sense at all?

* Ok, sidenote: I know that the puppet Jim was in a band trio with puppets resembling Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson. I also believe the Lou (the female in Lubick Lou and his Jughuggers) was modeled after Louis Gold. Were there any Muppets based on Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Richard Hunt, or any of the other Muppet performers?

dlphntat

Reaction score
when oh when?

I ordered my Jim Henson figure over a week ago. What's the turnaround like on these? I would love them to come in soon.
(The Palisades site lists it as 'Sent to warehouse' since Thanksgiving.)
Just curious :confused:

Dasbender

Reaction score
Is this a Palisades Collectors' Club exclusive, or will I be able to find it at other stores that sell Muppet figures?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Dasbender said:
Is this a Palisades Collectors' Club exclusive, or will I be able to find it at other stores that sell Muppet figures?
Canadians can find him at SilverSnail (I think), and our overseas friends can find him at their local Forbidden Planet, or so I hear.

As for us, he's only available through Palisades Direct (anyone can buy him here), the Collectors Club (free shipping), and the lucky folks who got in on the few they had at the Jim Henson Festival a couple weeks ago.