J-Lo, yes or no?

HPDJ

Reaction score
It has been widley reported that J-Lo and Ricky Gervais will be on the new Muppet show. Do you agree with this decision, or is it a step too far. Should the Muppets have guests that were popular in the 70s (has-beens) or should they have more modern celebs. Maybe child stars, Daniel Radcliffe, Freddie Highmore or Hillary Duff. Suggestions please!

HPDJ

Reaction score
I'd love to see John Cleese come back!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
It wouldn't make sense to have a new Muppet Show and not have celebrities that are popular in the here-and-now. And, for better or worse dependant upon your point of view, that includes guests like Jennifer Lopez.

-Kim

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't consider J-Lo talented enough to call her a modern-day celebrity. Not when there are a thousand better stars. And they don't even have to be well known, either. I don't even know who Ricky Gervais is! LOL!

For example: Ian McDiarmad (sp?) that plays Palpatine in the Star Wars movies. I like him as an actor--not because of Star Wars--but he's just awesome. His voice, his actions. He's in the here and now, and extraordinarily popular, but I don't consider him a good choice for The Muppets.

I do know that Wayne Brady would be good to have on the show...wait, there's already a thread like this, isn't it?

That Announcer

Reaction score
Here's who I think should be on the shortlist of people on the new Muppet Show:

Prince
Wayne Brady
John Malkovich
Steve Harvey
Penn and Teller
'Amazing' James Randi
George Lucas
Ewan McGregor

And- this is VERY IMPORTANT- Robin Williams.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Owen Wilson should make an appearence.

The X-men cast.

The Star Trek cast.

That Announcer

Reaction score
How about Jerry Seinfeld? The Jason Alexander episode of MT was great, and so Jerry naturally falls into place.

Perhaps Dale Earnhardt Jr. or Jeff Gordon could make an appearance. And Jeff Foxworthy should be there, as well.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
Here's who I think should be on the shortlist of people on the new Muppet Show:

Penn and Teller
Penn and Teller on the Muppet Show...oh my dear Lord...

I, for one, would like to see Jai Rodriguez on the new Muppet Show. Aside from being the "culture vulture" on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Jai is an amazing Broadway performer (he was Angel in 'RENT', for example). Also add to that list Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenowith.

It'd be interesting to see Brad Garrett as a guest on the show, possibly David Hyde Pierce as well. And Tim Curry, definately.

-Kim

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Although I could care less about Jennifer Lopez, although she looks good to look at!, she is part of the main stream culture and it does make since to have her if there is a new Muppet Show. However, I don't like her singing....Really bad.

ryan