J-Lo, yes or no?

BEAR

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
*cracks up at the thought of Rowan Atkinson on TMS* I forsee at least two possible sketches, one involving Mr. Bean and the other with Edmund Blackadder.

Having David Ogden Stiers as a guest would be great. The man is an A-1 talent, even if most people probably only remember him as Winchester from M*A*S*H.

-Kim
He also voiced Cogsworth/Narrator in Beauty and the Beast

BEAR

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Kristin has done some television work; she was Marian Paroo in the TV version of The Music Man (the one w/Matthew Broderick, who would also be a good candidate for a guest appearance on the new Muppet Show), and she has a supporting role in the Bewitched movie this summer.

As for Idina, she's gotten some good exposure as Elphaba in Wicked (she got a Tony for the role). I know she's released at least ONE album of original songs. And she's also going to be in a couple of movies this year...one of them is called "RENT", I believe? :wink:

-Kim
I forgot to mention that Chenowith has also been on The West Wing for a while.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Kristin has done some television work; she was Marian Paroo in the TV version of The Music Man (the one w/Matthew Broderick, who would also be a good candidate for a guest appearance on the new Muppet Show), and she has a supporting role in the Bewitched movie this summer.

As for Idina, she's gotten some good exposure as Elphaba in Wicked (she got a Tony for the role). I know she's released at least ONE album of original songs. And she's also going to be in a couple of movies this year...one of them is called "RENT", I believe? :wink:

-Kim
Aah, Wicked... **is a REALLY big fan** I know every song, they're impossible to get out of your head. Wicked songs are almost as bad as Dirty Rotten Scoundrels when it comes to catchiness!

Yes, very true, chances are they would both be getting publicity lately then. Though I was under the impression that the Music Man remake wasn't very good... I have yet to see it with my own eyes, though.
Speaking of RENT, I cannot WAIT to see it! I haven't seen it on stage, but I have the soundtrack highlights... I'm glad they stuck with alot of original performers on the movie. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Whoah! Philip Chapman! I'm already saving up to buy that episode!!!

Psst...can't we make it the whole MC cast???
Oh man, I would just DIE. I'd want to sing with Piggy, or something. Or Floyd. Ahh... what a cool idea.
:frown:

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Oh man, I would just DIE. I'd want to sing with Piggy, or something. Or Floyd. Ahh... what a cool idea.
:frown:
I'd like to be in a bit with Sam. I'd pay up "one millyun dollarz" (a quote from a Bloom County comic) just to do that for two minutes.

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Aah, Wicked... **is a REALLY big fan** I know every song, they're impossible to get out of your head. Wicked songs are almost as bad as Dirty Rotten Scoundrels when it comes to catchiness!

Yes, very true, chances are they would both be getting publicity lately then. Though I was under the impression that the Music Man remake wasn't very good... I have yet to see it with my own eyes, though.
Speaking of RENT, I cannot WAIT to see it! I haven't seen it on stage, but I have the soundtrack highlights... I'm glad they stuck with alot of original performers on the movie. :smile:

The only real weak spot of The Music Man remake was Matthew Broderick as Harold Hill. The rest of the cast were well placed, especially Debra Monk as Mrs. Paroo.

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
I'd like to be in a bit with Sam. I'd pay up "one millyun dollarz" (a quote from a Bloom County comic) just to do that for two minutes.

I would want to do a talkspot/song with Kermit or maybe Rowlf while he plays piano.

Xela

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I would love to see a mixture of a couple younger sensations with someone older thrown in. That way you maximize your possible age group :big_grin:
I think that would be the best thing to do- it would appeal to everyone!

BEAR

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
so John Cleese guested starred on TMS? wonder what he did on the show?

He did some good stuff and he works very well with the Muppets. You can see for yourself on the Best of the Muppet Show dvd set