Jamie's birthday present

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Woohoo! Just got my birthday present. It was ordered so it took a while to get here. Most of you are aware of my obsession with animation and animation art. Well, now my Roger Rabbit collection is a little larger. Some could argue it's now a complete set. I now have Baby Herman.

Here is the link to my animation art collection. There are nine pieces to my collection.

I have included comparison shots with the film. Light and shadow was added in a separate process. The cropping and position is also slightly altered in the framed cel. That is often cheated out for display purposes.

What's so cool is that this one isn't framed yet! It came nekkid with a certificate. It is not a reproduction. It was used in the film. Aside from my Bambi prints, I only collect production cels. Anyway, I got to actually touch the thing. I am so stoked I'm going out of my little froggy mind. The market is soft right now, so this was priced a fraction of its worth. It was a lucky find.:smile: :excited: :flirt:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
That SO cool Jamie!:cool: That's a very nice gift!!

i've been looking into All Dogs go to Heaven art cells and some were not too high, but they were from the cartoon show and the animation wasn't that great, it was just a cartoon show and had nothing to do with Don Bluth's movie. If bought one i would want it from the first movie.

Some could argue it's now a complete set.
Would it be ok to want Benny the Cab and the Weazles too?;-) I'm sure just having one art cell is a cool thing!

Hey i like your Oliver and Comp cells! and that Donald and Daisy strip is a hoot!

Happy Birthday!
Zack,

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, Benny and the weasles would make it even more complete. I kind of see them as supporting cast. They are also rare and pricey. Benny is usually in the frame with another character. Same with the weasles. That doubles or tripples the price. I'll leave those for when I get rich. LOL! Roger is one of my favorite films and it's so cool to have a piece of it. I have been collecting for nearly 16 years now. I don't just do Muppets and figures. LOL!:wink: They're very cool too.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
It is not a reproduction. It was used in the film.
Wow!! Talk about the coolest birthday present EVER!! That would be so amazing to actually have one that was used in the film!! OH! I'm so jealous!!:big_grin: :excited:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Wow! Very impressive Jamie--you lucky freak you.

:halo:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that Medicom has some really cool figures. There's a Roger Rabbit, Jessica and Benny the Cab. I guess they are about 10 inches and non-poseable, but I've heard they are pretty good. I have a few of the Disneyland ones from the 80s, but these seem much better. :smile:

Bernard

Reaction score
Happy birthay to you
Happy birthay to you
Happy birthay to you frogboy4
Happy birthay to you

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh man... it was your BIRTHDAY?!?!? I totally forgot... well... I didn't forget... I just didn't know.... sorry! Hope you had fun... from the looks of your collection you MUST have!:big_grin: :halo:

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
I only have one cel in my collection and it is from Anastasia. It is signed and numbered. It came naked too and I had it put on a background and framed. We stumbled across it by accident.....the owner had mis-spelled anastasia and no one else knew who it was....LOL Lucky me!!!!!

Happy B'day!

Luke

Reaction score
Excellent stuff Jamie - all looks fantastic ! I'd like to start collecting some cells in the future - i see ALF cartoon one's a lot, and some Simpsons ones (although pricey) will be cool. Anyone know if you can get them from the 80's cartoon 'Galaxy High School' ? Thats one of my faves.