Janice and Floyd played...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i guess after seeing clifford from muppets tonight, i would have not thought he could be with the electirc mayhem...just doesn't sound right. i need to see how clifford was on the jim henson hour.

ryan

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well, you can kind of see how the JHH Clifford was in MFS and if you watch the Muppet Sing Along tape called "It's Not Easy Being Green" you can see the old Cliffod in there too. I think there are people here, I won' name names, that just don't like Clifford because he was "ethnic". To me that's crap, but whatever.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Clifford was retired? I didn't know that. So that's why he wasn't in the Christmas movie. I didn't have a problem with him. In fact, I didn't have a problem with Seymour either. They really should bring back "Muppets Tonight!" so we'd see more of those characters.

Heck, if Kevin Clash wanted to retire one of his characters maybe it should have been Elmo. Lol.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i'll take elmo's retirement before i have cliffords any day of the week....

i like clifford, don't get me wrong. i just thought he wouldn't be right for the band...just my two cents.........

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I find Clifford to be likeable and fun basing him on the JHH and MFS, but MT was NOT cool and was the reason folks disliked him: he took the role of our Frog.

I think he played second guitar AFTER Janice's Lead Guitar.

I also don't have a problem with Lips being in the band because it makes for more horns.

I'm okay with their addition to the band, just not that they take over the band or anything. It IS Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem; however, Floyd did seem to have a LOT more to do than Dr. Teeth.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
since it's dr. teeth's band, i think he wanted to let his workers do all the work while he relaxes and thinks about what gig he's going to be doing next!

ryan

Thijs

Reaction score
I love the electric mayhem, especially because it included all the performers. And altough I am a Clifford-detester, I liked Clifford as part of the band. I don't had problems with the fact he took Kermit's role, but I just think his character is too flat. Completely not interesting.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That's true; why do all the work if you have someone else to do it for you.

You know what would be too cool? Is if they had radio-controlled mouths on full-body puppets of the EM band and sent those on tour, like a real band.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wrote to the JHC this morning via email and they promptly responded.
I writ them sayin':
Hi.

Is the JHC retiring Clifford?_ If so, why?_ If not, COOL!!_ Will he be
joining the Electric Mayhem second to Janice's lead guitar, and will Lips
make a comeback as trumpet player second to Zoot's sax?

Also, who do we write to to ask for a compilation CD of only the EM Band?

Thanks,
Kev
Fozzie Bear at MuppetCentral.com
They spake forth via the net and sez:
Dear Kev,

Is the JHC retiring Clifford? Will he be joining the Electric Mayhem second to Janice's lead guitar, and will Lips make a comeback as trumpet player second to Zoot's sax?
No, No & Maybe

We will forward your Electric Mayhem compilation request to the appropriate group here.

Regards . . . The Jim Henson Company******

Thijs

Reaction score
Hmm, I really hoped Cliff would join EM again.
But maybe there will be a EM cd. That would be great!