Japanese Sesame commercial online!

beaker

Reaction score
Well, just to plug TP...so many reasons as youll read there why Sesame is big in Japan. (upcoming 3d ride, sony wonder online store, kubricks, etc) A mr. Erik Browne over on TP posted this:
http://www.japander.com/japander/clips/muppets.mov

Now how cool is that? Does anybody else have any links to any more of these type of Muppet commercials?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Last time I worked in Japan I recall a Muppet-Stuff like store there devoted to Sesame. Does anyone else know anything about this?

crazy ernie

Reaction score
in chicago, there used to be a sesame street general store that went out of business

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by crazy ernie
in chicago, there used to be a sesame street general store that went out of business
Was it like hoopers store?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
There is (or was, I haven't been around in a while) a store in the Broward Mall that wasn't really Sesame Street themed but did sell a lot of the merchandise (like over half their inventory was SS related). I doubt its still there though, they were doing poorly ever since they opened...:frown:

-Matt

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
There was a Sesame St. store in San Francisco's Stonestown Mall but they went under about 3 years ago.

I haven't been able to see any other commercials, including the Japanese one above (so sad :frown: , proxies blocked it).

beaker

Reaction score
I remember Sesame Street store in 1995 in a mall...they really need to have a new Sony store that would emcompass Muppets, Sesame, and Bear(being Disney hasnt had Bear stuff in awhile, all the Sesame street stuff is mostly the white boxed Sesame Baby stuff, and all the few Muppet show stuff is scattered all over the mall)

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Hey Cory,
Isn't there a Sony Store at the Metreon? I try not to hang out there too much but if there is Muppet stuff then I'm all for it.
-Michele

Treelo

Reaction score
The Sesame characters are HUGE over in Japan. It is a good source of income for SW. Aside from commercials, walk-arounds appear in Universal Studios - Japan and in their own version of Sesame Place.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Isn't there a Sony Store at the Metreon? I try not to hang out there too much but if there is Muppet stuff then I'm all for it<<<

Well the whole Metreon is a Sony store(why its Sony Metreon) Hey, you really are from SF! I wish I could hang out at the MEtreon, its by far the coolest most futuristic mall Ive ever been to. I even heard they have a small anime store there now. I havent been there since I saw croughing tiger there...they also have a great Imax there too.

I wish there was a place that carries Japanese import sesame stuff. I'll post about that under merchandise.