Japanese Sesame commercial online!

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Well the whole Metreon is a Sony store(why its Sony Metreon) Hey, you really are from SF! I wish I could hang out at the MEtreon, its by far the coolest most futuristic mall Ive ever been to. I even heard they have a small anime store there now. I havent been there since I saw croughing tiger there...they also have a great Imax there too.
Oh yeah, I forgot that it is Sony Metreon. And you need to get back there because they put many a main feature on the IMAX.
Where do you think I caught the Matrix in all its glory?!!!

Anything Japanese should be over here anyway, there is a larger market than most marketers think!!!
Similar to when stores sell summer clothes here all summer and wonder why there are huge sales racks full of clothes SFers can't wear!!! If they'd pay attention, they could make an appropriate fortune!!! Bring on the SS Japanese style!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Oh yeah, I forgot that it is Sony Metreon. And you need to get back there because they put many a main feature on the IMAX.
Where do you think I caught the Matrix in all its glory?!!!<<<

aw you lucky lucky person! The Matrix is one of my top 5 films ever(next to Toys, Ninja turtles, Muppets Take Manhattan and Jedi)
and I remember The Matirx playing on Imax metreon so wishing I could see it on there! Well I'll sure try to see the matrix 2 and 3 on there, hehe Our local IMAX doesnt do non Imax movies...and lest face it, besides Fantasia 2000 and Cyberworld 3d Imax movies suck.

>>>If they'd pay attention, they could make an appropriate fortune!!! Bring on the SS Japanese style!<<<

Oh yeah! I was elated to find all that Japanese Sesame links on Tough Pigs. Then lately Ive been hearing more and more on this sstuff, wow! Had no idea how big Sesame was there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw it... very short....I don't have sound on this computer.

Is it in Japanese? It used English Words.....

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, that's definately Japanese...the rapid style editing is trademark to them. As far as the English, it might be a selling point or something. But man...video games, anime, futuristic fashion and technology, women, and now the Muppets? Man I sure need to go to the land of the rising sun some day!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Beaker (or Corey, if you prefer), do you have any independantly owned Anime or Japanese toy specialty store near (or around) where you live. There are some in Massachusetts, but only one of them had Japanese released merchandise of American characters (POWERPUFF GIRLS, SNOOPY, AND I THINK SOUTH PARK, THAT'S ABOUT IT) (stupid caps lock key!). I, for one, would love to see some Japanese released Sesame (or any other Muppet thing) toys/merchandising.

Most of the stores here, however, sell just Anime type toys and videos (Dragon Ball, Rockman video games, etc) and I would get some, but they're pretty expensive (on one post, I griped about 30 bucks for a Fozzie figure) and the cheapest theings they have are key chains (I have two Rockman ones on my Back pack). Unfortunately, I have yet to see any Japanese Mario things.

I saw a picture of a Japanese Sushi Chef Bert doll, and I have to say.. how cute and cool is that?

Drtooth

Reaction score
P.S. I finally saw it WITH sound. It's definately in English, With the Jackson 5ives's "ABC" and Kevin Clash as Elmo and David Rudman as Cookie.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Last time I worked in Japan I recall a Muppet-Stuff like store there devoted to Sesame. Does anyone else know anything about this?

In fact, I do. It was called Sesame Street Workshop. Last time I went to one was in Kobe, and it was great. Tons of stuff you don't normally see in the US---well they did have a few stuff from the US, just not as much. They even had merchandise of Kermit and Pingu(claymation cartoon penguin)there as well. But right now it's out of business, due to the fact that Sony Creative Products no longer have the rights to SS merchandise(Sanrio now does). But right now they have a store(and also stands in several malls/airports, etc.) with Disney, Baby Looney Tunes, Thomas the Tank Engine, Powerpuff Girls, and Sesame Street(both the local version, which wasn't so successful, and the original, which was more popular)