Jazzy Spies Collection.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys... Been reading a few past posts... And I'm interested in knowing more about what happened in each of the various JS segments.
If you have full descripts, please post 'em here saying which numbered JS segment they are. Hope others come in and post soon.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
All of the Jazzy spies cartoons are wonderfully druggy and psychedelic, but how can you not like them? They're from 1969!

1969, oh, 1969.....Let's see:

Number 2: 2 elevators show 2 fish, 2 George Washingtons, 2 hands shaking each other
Number 3: shows three ring circus, three balls, a 3-light traffic light
Number 4: shows table, 4-legged animal, and an airplane shaped like a a four
Number 5: showing how dated this is, the Jackson Five rides a giant lizard of some sort
Number 6: the most unsuccessful one in my opinion....this one includes six Chinese men underneath one of the those parade dragons, but how does this teach the number 6?
Number 7: another abstract one: a magician makes 7 rabbits and two seven's appear
Number 8: eightball, octopus. A centipede eats an 8-petaled flower, which is eaten by a spider, which, in turn, is eaten by a snake shaped like 8
Number 9: ?
Number 10: kinda a "best-of" of the first 9: the characters from the previous segments (the spider, the magician, George Washington) watching the racecars in a race

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... Hope others can help fill in the gaps.

Princeton

Reaction score
Okay, these Jazzy Spies things seem to be really popular, but I, being the late bloomer that I am, know nothing about them. Help!:eek:

superboober

Reaction score
One other thing I'm interested in with the series: it's been said in other threads that only #3, #4, #6, #8, and #10 were used up until the series was retired in 1991. Would anyone happen to know when the last times the other 4 sequences were aired as far as you know?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Princeton said:
Okay, these Jazzy Spies things seem to be really popular, but I, being the late bloomer that I am, know nothing about them. Help!:eek:
If you look though the SS youtube section you should be able to view some of them.

marycampbell

Reaction score
Jazzy Spies Collection

The Jazzy spies were my fave. They do show at least #2 and #3 on You tube. My fave was the #10- they showed everyone that been on the others.:smile:

wiley207

Reaction score
My favorite is for #10, too. I especially love the part with the spies dancing and then nearly getting killed by the race cars!

Also, the scene in the one for #6 probably teaches the number 6 since the "dragon" has a huge number 6 on the side of him and six pairs of legs. Then the costume catches fire and burns up to reveal the six men underneath before being sucked up into a 6. Hmm... there's something Ernie could imitate after watching that sketch! :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jazzy+spies&search=Search

Has all of them.

As for number 9...

we see a 9 pannel square Grid (think Brady Bunch Opening) with the number nine in clouds, the pannes turn over to 9 cowboy hats which morph into 9 apples which morph into the number 9, then to hearts, back to nine. The scene lifts up like a curtain, revealing a rabbit in a top hat (wearing a number 9 on a sheet of paper, like a dance competition) holding a cane and a big easil with number nine written on a large card. The rabbit dances and falls on his butt, lifts his hat revealing a number 9 under it, and a large cane drags him away. Hope this helps, Count.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Drtooth, that does help. A rabbit in the #9 segment you say? Isn't it a goat instead? From previous descripts I understood that when he fell over, his hat knocked one of his horns so that the hat's open round underneath side with the horn beneath it formed a 9.

Oh... And if you could please describe the other segments in this series... That'd be marvitrillyscent!