1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Jim Henson and Muppets on 2005 US postage stamps

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

2. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

That's great news Mr. Chapman.That's something to look forward too.:excited:
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Praise be! Muppet news is scarce these days, but this is something Ive been wanting for awhile. Sure, this wont be the first time Muppets have graces a US postage stamp(remember Big Bird? And didnt Rowlf have his own stamp in the 80's?) but man...a whole sheet of Muppet stamps with JH himself...a truly special occation. This is another significant win in the battle to get the Muppets back out there and acknoleged.
  4. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Thats neat, Can't wait!
  5. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

very cool news! :) i just bought the Disney friendship stamp set the other day :halo:
  6. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Very cool news. But would I use the stamps? :p
  7. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

*starts to cry* Wonderful news!
  8. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Hooray! What awesome news! I've never really collected stamps, but I'll probably have to buy at least one sheet to preserve and many many to send. They'll look great with my Sesame Street address labels!

:D
  9. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

I say just keep the stamps.. why use them? haha
  10. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Sounds cool!
  11. TravelTravel

TravelTravel New Member

Way to go Muppet Central for coordinating the postage stamp nomination campaign a few years back. This is significant news that The Muppets will have an entire set of stamps rather than just a single design.
  12. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Oooo that's so awesome! I definitely want a set. I wonder what Muppets (other than Kermit, Fozzie, and Piggy) are gonna be featured!
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Again, I really feel this is a good start at trying to get the Muppets back into the public eye...and this is a *great* thing as part of the Muppets 50th annv.
  14. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

Oh, how awesome! :D I'm a big stamp collector, and it's about time I had some Muppet stamps to add to the collection! I love the Disney frienship stamps they've got out right now. I hope they do as nice a job with the Muppets. They certainly deserve it! :cool:
    Erin
  15. unilbokinla

unilbokinla New Member

muppets on the stamps

im in australia and a huge fan of the muppets.
    i was wondering if anybody knew if the stamps would be comming out down here? :zany: thanks
  16. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Ditto! :excited:
  17. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

I don't collect stamps, but I do have a set of "classic newspaper comic strip" stamps that they produced a while back. I got them because it had Little Nemo in Slumberland on one of the stamps. I may have to get the Muppet stamps, too! Now if they'd only put Pac-Man on a stamp...

--Klonoa
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I think it's only United States Postage Stamps, but you might try asking your local post office and see.

This is VERY exciting news! I can't wait to get this set of stamps, one set of which I won't be using!
  19. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I used to collect stamps a while back so it will be great to get hold of some muppet ones!
    I don't know how I'd get them here in Australia unless they have them on ebay.
  20. Camellia

Camellia New Member

Muppet stamps!! yay!!

fabulous news! long awaited (since 1976) haha! yay!!!
    I will probably buy about $100 worth to use! and some to save :)

visit our Muppet store
    www.camelliasoftware.com/muppetstore

best wishes,
    Camellia