1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Jim Henson and Muppets on 2005 US postage stamps

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Camellia

Camellia New Member

Australia stamps

hi, sorry this series sounds like it is issued by the United States Post Office and sold only in the US. But if you have friends here, maybe someone can resell you some. :)

good luck!
    Camellia
  2. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Hopefully someone in the US will help me get them when the time comes. They won't cost much to send which is a bonus. Stamps are sold on ebay so I'll look there to see if theres any muppet ones when they come out.
  3. dlphntat

dlphntat New Member

I have been wanting this for so long. Great to see that it finally happened.
    Though it stinks that the Post Office will be selling me stamps that will never be used. :rolleyes:
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

This may actually get me back into collecting stamps...I only have a sheet of Universal Monsters and Sylvester and Tweety...
  5. Kermie81

Kermie81 New Member

I found this at http://www.virtualstampclub.com/2005_intro.html

"Ten Muppet characters will share a sheet of stamps with a single stamp for their creator, Jim Henson. The Muppets honored include Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Sam the Eagle, Statler and Waldorf, Animal, Rowlf the Dog, The Swedish Chef, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant Beaker, Camilla the Chicken and Gonzo. Below the single Henson stamp is a larger photo in the sheet's selvage showing Henson in silhouette sitting on the floor, back to a wall, knees drawn up, and talking to Kermit. (Rowlf, by the way, was Henson's original Muppet, 'way back when he got his start on WRC-TV in Washington.)"

:)
  6. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Personally, I'm glad that the featured players will include Rowlf and some of the other older beloved Muppets. Unfortunately, they're not used as much as they could be in the new stuff.
  7. zanimum

zanimum New Member

Doubtful Australia will co-release, but I know Canada Post's catalogs let you order special issues from the US, Australia, New Zealand, and the UN. I'm sure that the Aussie Post office does the same.

Definetly cheaper that way than eBay.
  8. shazam

shazam New Member

9. Cammioh

Cammioh New Member

YAY! I am glad that Rowlf is getting on a stamp! I will have to buy many of these! :sympathy:
  10. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

Definitely. I don't know if excluding Rowlf would have kept me from buying this set of stamps (I am not a stamp collector) but now that I know he's included, I will be buying multiples. I like the variety of characters, it's good to see they're honoring more than just the primary four (from a contemporary point of view).
  11. ftnpro

ftnpro Member

Shazam nailed it. The stamp sheet, which otherwise looks very cool, features a FAKE picture of Jim Henson with Kermit in silhouette. Any long time Muppet fan is familiar with the actual photo of Jim Henson holding a Bert puppet. Sure, I'll buy hundreds of sheets of these stamps, but with so many great pictures of Jim and the characters to choose from, it's sad that I'll be buying hundred of fakes, too.
  12. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

It's not fake, the artwork was based off the famous picture of Jim and Bert, but just cause it was based off that and is not 100% that does not make it fake. No it is not the actual photograph but it is still a great image of Jim and Kermit based off the artistic concept of the famous one of Jim and Bert. It is still great!

Plus since Bert is owned by Sesame Workshop and these are stamps of The Muppets it would not have been possible to use a Bert image.
  13. alizakaila

alizakaila New Member

muppet.com has photos of stamps

muppet.com has photos of stamps
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

How much would postage be to England, and how much are the stamps if I wanted someone to send me a set?
  15. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Yes, but they left out the Jim Henson stamp.:grouchy: They only have the ones of the Muppets.
  16. WeebleSue

WeebleSue New Member

It is March 16. Where are the stamps?

HEY!!! It is march 16! the stamps are not available online at www.usps.com! What gives????
    :) :eek:
  17. christyb

christyb New Member

The Postal Service pushed back the date. They are now coming out sometime in September. Supposedly that is.
  18. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

What? I was hoping to get them in the next two weeks! That's crazy talk!
  19. christyb

christyb New Member

No it's not it's sadly true. Go here and scroll down till you see Jim Henson and The Muppets. The date is set for 9/27/05
  20. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Rrrrrr... :mad:

Well, thanks for clearing that up...