1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Jim Henson's Puppet Improv March 8-12

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by Buck-Beaver, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

muppetcentral.com, mainpage
  2. Metacritter

Metacritter New Member

(My first post, Hi everyone!) :excited:

I'm just a few hours from Aspen... wow, I'm tempted!

In addition to the improv, I see a 'Puppet Master Class' listed in Bonus Shows...

Quoted:
    Enjoy a rare behind-the-scenes peek at the inner workings that transform a puppet into a lifelike person. The Jim Henson Company’s world-renowned puppeteers Brian Henson, Bill Barretta and Julianne Buescher, along with Groundlings alum Patrick Bristow, invite you to witness through demonstrations and audience participation the chaos of puppet improv from a performers’ perspective.

I can't post URLS until I've made 10 posts, sorry...
    Go to guide.hbocomedyfestival.com, then select 'Bonus Show' to find this.
  3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I don't know if I will be able to go. If it's in Aspen or whatever I don't think I'll be able to make it.
  4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Member

According to the Aspen Comedy website, they're doing two shows. I'd give my good puppeteering arm to be at this event (as long as I could get it back afterwards).

Victor Yerrid displayed a solid knack for improv when he was at the San Diego Comic-Con with the crew promoting "Kermit's Swamp Years" a few years back: he riffed performing with both Goggles and Croaker muppets from the movie. And he's a super-nice guy in person too.

It'd be a real treat to see Henson and Baretta live (especially doing an "adult" show), but I would give anything to see in person Paul Rugg's comedic insanity with puppets.

But alas, I live in Atlanta and my wife and I are trying to finance a house and hopefully a baby too in the next year and there's no way we can afford the trip.

For any of you who are able to make it, I beg of you to please please please take lots of pictures and videotape the shows too if possible. It's not just for me, it's for the children.

Wait... it's an adult show. Okay, just do it for me then.
  5. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Why do these events happen in places where I can't be? Movies, pictures, script transcript. Anything will do! :)
  6. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Since the show is by HBO, will this the Improv show will be shown on television?
  7. mummytomb

mummytomb Member

Well, Children, I saw the message this morning and booked a room and got my festival ticket this afternoon.
    Anyone else going?
    Anyone from the LA area? We can split the gas.

Oh, and I'll get as much visual and comentary as possible.
  8. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

makes sense sorry I'm dence haha
  9. froggiegirl18

froggiegirl18 New Member

I second the Paul Rugg!! Oh man I loved Freakazoid! Could they do this maybe sometime in Atlanta..we got the Center of Puppetry arts which has the adult theater. If anyone finds out if the show is being shown please share the knowledge. I would love to see this too. I can't wait to see when it's here. Man for those who are going you guys are super lucky! Have a Blast for all of us who can't and wish that we were there!:)
  10. Valentine

Valentine New Member

hey mummytomb :)

how much did you spend on the tickets?
  11. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

:cry: Man, I wish I could see it, I hope it plays on TV!
  12. mummytomb

mummytomb Member

Patrick Bristow?
    I studied with him at the Groundlings.

He flunked me.
  13. mummytomb

mummytomb Member

I got a package deal for about $300.

It' unlikely that you will ever see this performance. This is the kind of place where people sell their acts to prospective media such as television and movies. For instance, if the comedy central people see this and buy it, they will make a special for their own network. HBO is only a sponsor of the event. It's like a big comedy market. I'm going and handing out business cards the whole time.

Who's going with me?
  14. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Does anyone have like an address for where its being held, Im thinking of sending a letter to BB c/o that place to see if it'll get to him...

THX
    PC
  15. Eclectic Mayhem

Eclectic Mayhem New Member

What a great idea. They should have been doing this all along....
  16. ToasterBoy

ToasterBoy Member

Heard they turned away 200 people at the door the first night and that it was a smashing success. Also heard the "Master Class" was a big hit too.

Grant
    www.DoctorFloyd.com
  17. bamboo

bamboo New Member

Puppet Improv Shows at Comedy festivals.

I suggested it 20 years ago and was told the Company couldn't risk doing something it might fail at.

Times change huh?
  18. Does anyone have an update? . . . mummytomb?
    Would like to hear what it was like and what approach they took.
  19. ToasterBoy

ToasterBoy Member

Well I can tell you from what I heard (did not attend, but talked to several folks who were there) the show was done in such a format where you could watch the puppeteers OR watch big screens and just see the puppets. I heard Sat's show was not as long as the first one, but that both shows were pretty awesome.

That's what I got.

Grant
    www.DoctorFloyd.com
  20. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

This is sounding really awesome. They won't actually be selling this out as shorts or anything, but that still would be SO awesome!!! I mean....get to see the muppeter's improv is great as it is..