Jim Henson's Puppet Improv March 8-12

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
this is awsome there is now way I can get to this so I hope it ends up on tv or or dvd because I will buy it for sure...shame they can't use the real muppets though :big_grin:
btw this is my first post it's so nice to be able to talk to you all finally!

SJohnson

Reaction score
Henson Improv

OverUnderAround said:
I hope it's a true improv and no pre-planned sketches. One of the traits of a great Muppet performer is doing improvs with the puppets, and being humorous while doing it. You can be a great puppeteer, but if you don't have the gift for improv, you can't be a real Muppeteer.
The sketches will not be pre-planned, it is all truly improv. The puppeteers have been training with Groundlings performer Patrick Bristow for the past nine months to perfect their improv skills. Just like the Groundlings (the legendary Los Angeles improv company that launched the careers of Phil Hartman, Lisa Kudrow, Jon Lovitz and others) the sketches will be performed based on audience suggestions.

wes

Reaction score
It sounds sweet i wish i could go:cry:

Hey:eek:some one needs to go and tape it and post it on the Web! Any one Going or close by?

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Oh, Statler and Waldorf at movies.com. I forgot that's what their show was called.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone here is planning on attending this and would be interested in working on a story for the event, please contact me.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Maybe I can attend this. I really would love to. I need some autographs of these good preformers. Maybe they'll talk about the "Muppet Amercain Idol" thing or whatever it's called. But I'll let ya'll know.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
attending the event is out of my realm of possibility, but a small part of me looks like it will be involved if those puppets on the promo pic are involved, i built the goat Victor is holding for Telling stories with Tommie DePola,

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
attending the event is out of my realm of possibility, but a small part of me looks like it will be involved if those puppets on the promo pic are involved, i built the goat Victor is holding for Telling stories with Tommie DePola,
where is this promo pic at?

wes

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Maybe I can attend this. I really would love to. I need some autographs of these good preformers. Maybe they'll talk about the "Muppet Amercain Idol" thing or whatever it's called. But I'll let ya'll know.
take some picture or video's if they let you and share the wealth of info!!

Please!!!:halo: