Johnny Bravo coming to DVD

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Well to each their own I thought Puffy AmiYumi was funny and I don't like Chowder, though I will admit I got an occasional chuckle out of it overall it just doesn't appeal to me.

Now Flapjack -there's some uber-trash! Thank God my nephew doesn't like it either. Now if only I could steer him away from Spongebob.

Unfortunately low brow humor is becoming more and more popular these days which is why such shows succeed while genuinely funny shows get canned. (though actually Puffy was doing well ratings wise it only got canned because of one guy -the new head of CN who didn't like J-pop so he got rid of it and replaced it with that God awful Class of 3000 -which itself got canned)

Different generations, different tastes. Fair enough but the least they can do is put out the old shows on DVD so we can enjoy what we like! That's what ticks me off, the networks refuse to air the show on TV, they refuse to release the show on DVD, but if someone posts the episode on Youtube they raise helll.

Also the real problem with CN these days is all the live action on it! It's Cartoon Network people CARTOON!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Glad to see they are putting Johnny Bravo out on DVD. I watched it from day one and loved everything about it. I do hope if JB does good that Cow and Chicken and Courge get a relesaed as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well to each their own I thought Puffy AmiYumi was funny and I don't like Chowder, though I will admit I got an occasional chuckle out of it overall it just doesn't appeal to me.
The worst thing ever on the channel has had to have been "My Gym Partner's a Monkey." That is basically just a half hour monkey butt joke to me. Given the fact they reran Skunk Fu and Johnny test ad nauseum last year (at least the couple times I actually had the chance to see any of it) they wonder why the ratings are so low when they had such inferior cartoons. I think Chowder and Flapjack (though I've never seen enough of it to make a judgment) actually attempt to bring back the glory days... and both shows are quite popular. But they still have a rough road ahead until they actually realize... HEY! they're a network that runs cartoons. And they're basically the only place to really see cartoons anymore, since Saturday Morning is dead. But that day won't come until they have someone competent in charge.

I really hope WB can actually give us all these shows in complete season by season sets, and not meander and wemble and postpone them indefinitely like the EEnE and FHFIF sets. But anything's better than getting holiday collections. Heck, I had to order a set of breakfast cereal promo DVD's to watch half the cartoons.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Saturday mornings are truly almost dead. The only ones left are CW, which is basically Fox's 4-Kids as the lone all-cartoon Saturday Morning; and ABC with their kids lineup consisting of rerun Disney poop-stars' shows saved by the fact it's the sole place to watch the current season of Power Rangers.

Even CN killed their Saturday morning lineup. They shoved Pokemon Season 12, Diamond & Pearl: Galactic Battle and Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's up to the 7 AM timespot, pushing their repeats of Chaotic and the newer Gormini further earlier to 6 AM. Then Backugon and Superhero Squad Show's new episodes air at 7 PM, by which I've totally forgotten about and missed them. Ben-Ten Alien Swarm, Clone Wars, and Battle Force 5 finish off the morning around 9:30 AM. I have to catch Batman Brave & The Bold on Friday nights cause it's not rerun the following morning. And what genius move has caused such displacements you may ask? The idiotic maneuver of devoting the rest of the AM to their Chowder-Flapjack-Johnny Test triad. Bravo gentlemen, bravo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To further go off topic, I don't mind that ABC reruns Disney show programming, but would it end the universe if they just put some new to ABC episodes of Emperor's New School and The Replacements? They had the same first half of the first seasons of both shows for 3 years now. They got old very very fast.

Really, this is all yet another reason I hate the FCC. It's a bunch of inane legislation they passed in the 90's that came back and bit children's television in the butt in recent years, but I don't wanna get into that.

Ugh... so Cn is STILL milking the unfunny, unpopular Johnny Test? E-Gad... I really hate that merger/buyout between Cookie Jar and Dic. We never got that great, epic Inspector Gadget series they promised and ridiculously promoted in Animation Magazine... but we can still have Cookie Jar's lame line up. But that's another rant for another time.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
That's awesome, I was just watching Johnny Bravo on CN too. Just one more DVD to add to my want list, :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope this has some sort of bonus features. I mean, all you gotta do is get Jeff Glen Bennet in and have him talk about doing Johnny Bravo's voice for 10 minutes.

jmodlin210

Reaction score
When is Warner Home Video going to release Johnny Bravo Seasons 2, 3, and 4 on DVD to complete the series? Does Warner Home Video have Johnny Bravo Season 2, Season 3, and Season 4 scheduled for DVD release? I am very excited about Johnny Bravo getting released on DVD in 2010? I hope Johnny Bravo Season 1 does well in sales for Warner Home Video to release Seasons 2, 3, and 4 on DVD.

Jonny

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Calm down, man. This DVD hasn't even come out yet. WB will schedule more DVDs of the show depending of the sales of this one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's why I'm hoping this sells. It would be cool to see a Complete series set like PPG got, that way we won't be waiting eons for an announcement that says "we didn't sell a trillion copies in one day. Forget it"... but considering what happened with my PGG set (one disk was poorly formatted and one episode refused to play and I got a minor scratch on another that made another disk worthless), I'd rather buy up single sets.

I hope this gives them the fortitude to release as many of the other CN classics as possible. Heck, I want them to start releasing Chowder and Brave and the Bold in seasons too. I don't like paying 30 bucks or more for 3 single "family Friendly" releases... especially when you can get the whole set for under 20 bucks in some cases... Glad I waited for Teen Titans to hit season sets.