Just picked up series three

punchbunny

Reaction score
and everyone was happy again!

So i've just gone back to the muppets on the shelf to see if ken was right and I'm now willing to give MUPPETS SERIES THREE the extra star that that cheapskate Crawford isn't going to give.

I still can't get Scooter to hold the tray in a very secure way but i am more than happy to put this down to my own DRUNKEN STUPIDITY! Hooray!

The elbows were a bit scarier, but i trusted Ken, and Scooter and I got down like Stallone in that arm wrestling movie "Over the Top". It was tense there for a while kids. we locked hands and I was sweating, scooter was sweating, noone was going to give. i was grunting, Scooter was straining. Scooter was breathing in an odd heavy way that made me feel more than a little uncomfortable. But eventually. I BROKE HIM! No! Don't be embarrassed Ken, i merely mean that i BROKE HIS SPIRIT. the elbow bent. Scooter can now move his megaphone to his mouth, as opposed to it's less appropriate place at his crotch. Scooter is saved! Series three is saved! The factory is saved! Ken's marriage is saved! And his lovely new wife breathes a sigh of relief.
(incidentally, compared to the fight that Scooter put up, Zoot was a pushover. What have you been feeding him, Ken? Not enough. Not enough I tell you).

So phew. No everyone's relaxed and Muppets series three gets the big thumbs up. Once again,i can't stress how keen you should be to pick all these up.
Now it's 4am and i have to drink more water so i'm not dehydrated when i get up.

And Ken, while you may have an answer for everything- let's be honest. Serving drinks while skateboarding is a an accident waiting to happen. You have been warned.

(you know the lids of the cups even have those thingies that they push down to indicate whether the drink is "diet") (i know you know Ken, i meant everyone else).

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
okay, I've got to stop reading posts by you while at work....it's dangerous to my career path :big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Re: and everyone was happy again!

Originally posted by punchbunny
Scooter was breathing in an odd heavy way that made me feel more than a little uncomfortable.
Watch him ! I've heard the minute you turn out the light he dons lycra hotpants and goes off clubbing ! :eek:

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly

Bend the elbows.
You know based on his revew, it doesn't sound like he needs a lot of advice on 'bending the elbow'.

--Matt

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by punchbunny
I'm in Western Australia and just picked up the four regular figures from series three.
My gosh, are you like in the future or something? Youve so gotta tell us who ends up buying out and saving JHC, and who Jo eMillionare ends up getting^_^

Wow...well, being as California seems to be the last place on the planet, I expect to see these show up at EB oh, around May.

*I can imagine it now, a kid named Umbuuto will be posting on MC about finding these figures before I do*

Congrats Palisades for the line getting back on schedule!

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Yeah Rowlf really is the star
You all say Rowlf is the Star but, the Figure I'm looking forward to the most is Zoot

Luke

Reaction score
Zoot was cool too - he's not a personal favorite of mine but he'll go very well with Floyd from the earlier wave. I noticed the detail on his actual saxaphone case is very high - it has the same kinda color and look as a real instrument case, and the way the sax folds up is pretty excellent. I can't believe the facotry is dealing with all this stuff on such a small scale and not messing it up - LOL - a far cry from wave one !

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Re: Re: Just picked up series three

Originally posted by beaker
My gosh, are you like in the future or something?
LOL! You're just as funny as the drunk!:stick_out_tongue:

I'm looking most forward to Zoot...c'mooooon Zoot...Need him to go with *cough* Red Floyd *cough* the rest of the Electric Mayhem...Hope I can find "yellow" Zoot...

Drunken forum posts are fun! I think Micheal should give this a try- to liven things up a bit:wink:

punchbunny

Reaction score
"HE doesn't need a lot of advice bending the elbow"

"just as funny as THE DRUNK"

Hey, stop talking about me like I'm not even here. We've already established that the new series is of a much sturdier construction so unless you want 300lbs of plastic Rowlf making an "incredible journey" through your body (I'll let you choose his exit and entrance point. Mix it up, it could be fun) I suggest you give it a rest. (These are just idle threats by the way to: a. Make me feel haphazard and devil-may-care, b. At least get me refered to as the "surly" drunk and c. link nicely to my actual point of this post). (Although I do thank those of you that had the courtesy to address me directly) (Hey Misfit Toy! Did i make up a name for you? No. But from now on I hope everyone simply refers to you as...um...Coughy McImpantient..or...um... Zooty Zoot the Love Love Man). (Just ignore that).

Yes...my actual point...I have now had a much better chance to examine my figures, and was pleased to finally join them up with the previous two series (i had been keeping them seperate for reasons of hygiene) and yes...it's amazing once you get them together to see the overall improvements in construction. Series three just doesn't have that ominous feeling of fragility that series two sometimes had (although i have had no breakages whatsoever. Not even the wires on the lab table- although come on...i was ALMOST sympathetic to those of you that broke yours UNTIL i began to read all that: "So, there I was Ken, strapping Beastman to the lab table and swinging it around my head". Hmmm...what did you THINK was going to happen?). But I digress...my point is that these new figures are rock solid, as are their accessories (Luke was very right in pointing out how far these have come since wave one). And they ARE massively detailed as i have eluded in the past. The inside of the saxophone case has the type of texture you'd expect on a real case, and the grip on Scooter's skateboard is all scuffed up.
The new stands are a vast improvement as well, smaller, less intrusive and they have the palisades logo imprinted underneath. This is great policing on Ken's part because there'll be no way Legolas could get hold of one and claim that it was his. (When's Patrol Fozzie coming out, Ken? That's what i really need to police these things. Which reminds me- Luke, that thing about Scooter with the lycra hotpants and the clubbing? Well since i chipped the paint of his fingers he has no fingerprints, meaning he is NO LONGER RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS ACTIONS. Plus thanks to Ken, he's elbow is freed up and I'm positive he's abusing the opportunity to "interfere" with the other figures. I can see the situation now:
PATROL FOZZIE: Gonzo, show me on the Beethoven bust where Scooter touched you.
GONZO: I would but it was below the shoulders"
CHILLING.

I'll let that sink in.

ANYHOW. Speaking of articulation (despite the fact that I'm being quite unarticulated) I also wanted to add that the articulation is leaps and bounds ahead of the first two series. I won't waste time counting up the actual points. You might think that's the best way to check but if you do you are LIVING IN A FOOL'S PARADISE. The true way to tell if a figure has good articulation is if he can do the "crane" from The Karate Kid. They can. (Well Rowlf can't bend the knee, but he has stumpy legs) (So what? Are you going to laugh at him because he's different? YOU'RE IGNORANT!) Have you ever seen Zoot do the crane? You're missing out my friend.

FINALLY (and the crowd cheers) in my silliness the other night I never really said a proper thank you to Ken. No one else offers the level of customer service you guys offer and i'm grateful that you helped me iron out my final concerns about the figures. It's cool to be on the otherside of the world and be able to get help from the designer) So THANKS.

Mmmm...now don't we all feel special.

OH I FORGOT- Yes, I am from the future. It's a grim place. Nobody wears pants and they walk on their hands.

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Umm...sorry Punchbunny. I was just foolin' :smile: , I hope you still come here and post often.

They don't wear pants and they walk on their hands, eh? Just like that guy on jack*** who wore a dress and flipped over with nothing on underneath it. Heh heh. A future of jackasses.:rolleyes: