Just wondering...any Animaniacs fans???

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Just trying to strike up a conversation...I am a huge fan....I think Rob Paulsen is the best voice actor there is! He does an awesome job on Yakko, Dr. Sns, and Pinky...Tress is awesome too! She has also done music (Ricky By Weird Al to be exact) and Jess Harnell is just hilarious with that liverpool sort of accent!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I like the show,I love Pinky and the brain and that "Hello Nurse" line.

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
OH MY GOSH, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!!!!

Yeah, I love them!!!!! My fav was dot. Me and my siblings used to pretend that we were them. my Big bro was Yako, My big sis was Wako, and i was Dot.

I love the squrel, what was her name? I havent seen it in forever(my dad is to chep to get cable)

I love pinky and the brain too, every thing was too cool about that show!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I *love* Animaniacs. The comedy is great (Paul Rugg is awesome!), and the voice talent just rocks (Rob Paulsen and Moe LaMarche are my favorites). I also like Pinky & the Brain (are you pondering what I'm pondering?) and Freakazoid (HUGBEES!)...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wakko Rules!

I enjoyed the first couple seasons of the show, but my enterest waned after that. It's hard to keep interest when a show runs every weekday because we see so many reruns. But it was a very sharply written show. I actually thought the writing blew the pants off the Simpsons. The subject matter was current but the wit was a throw back to the Bob Hope era and the "Road To.." movies. (Not to mention Jerry Lewis etc.) Great stuff. I wish they'd come back, but I stopped watching them when they moved to the WB. I saw the program as a sort of modern animated variety show, not unlike the Muppets. That's why I probably liked it so much. Great songs, crazy antics and nothing ever had to make too much sense. :stick_out_tongue:

Joggy

Reaction score
I LOVED the Animaniacs! With the exception of some weak spots in the scripts (Rita and Runt, Chicken Boo), they had some brilliant stuff! Pinky and the Brain were my faves - "NARF!"

And who can forget Good Idea, Bad Idea?

"Good Idea: feeding ducks in the park. Bad Idea: feeding ducks in the park to a bear. The end."

:big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy

And who can forget Good Idea, Bad Idea?

"Good Idea: feeding ducks in the park. Bad Idea: feeding ducks in the park to a bear. The end."

:big_grin:

oh yeah! loved good idea bad idea!

Good Idea: Playing Basketball with your cousin
Bad Idea: Playing Basketball WITH your cousin!!!!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Re: OH MY GOSH, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!!!!

Originally posted by DramaQueen86

I love the squrel, what was her name? I havent seen it in forever(my dad is to chep to get cable)

Slappy was her name and Skippy her nephew.....i don't have cable either...my parents say i would never get ANY physical exercise if we got cable! I am so glad that there are other fans....I was thinking it was only me....and the writing was WAY better than the simpsons....i am still not allowed to watch the simpsons and i am 14, but i was allowed to watch animaniacs when i was 4 or 5! it's all WB's fault let's all blame them!

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
Thanks, when you get as old as i am (big 16) its hard to remember stuff!

i have come to the conclusion that cable is not all that its cracked up to be! I would rather watch Dr. Phill than that stupid Ed Edd and Eddie show!

radionate

Reaction score
I love Animaniacs.

I think it will go down in Americana as one of the most important animated television series in the history of animation (I know that sounds big winded, but I'm serious).

The writing was some of the best writing seen on television in years and years. Truly on par with classic sitcoms and television comics like Milton Berle and Bob Hope (as Jamie said).

It also was an inoventive way to educate children. From Yakko's World to Wakko's State Capitals song, what a brillant way to entertain and educate.

Add to that Bernadette Peters singing! Woo Hoo.

I have a big chunk of episodes on tape, and some of the CD's. They are a favorite of my animation collection. The Christmas episodes (especially Slappy the Squirrel) still crack me up.

I feel that it was never given the respect or praise it deserved. It had a cult following, and won a Pulitzer! (I think it was a Pulitzer, or some other major award)

Its a shame that few shows of that caliber make it in todays world of cable TV. I'm glad the run lasted as long as it did, but once it moved to WB I lost touch with it. I still have my tapes though!