Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... That was so good Ru. Short chapter, but it definitely helps bridge the gap between the special's halves.

The scene between Fozzie and Kermit, where the frog explains his prank...
How Fozzie address Kermit: his friend, employer, director, frog...
Of course, I rully liked how you described the Mayhem's Christmas duds, and Thoreau's reactions.

Janice's dress has working Christmas lights? Hope she doesn't suffer the same problem Spamela did when dancing in the background while Kermit and Tony Bennett sang "Firefly".
Hope I'm able to post what might be the last chapter of my story by this Friday before you finish the Vegas show... Why? Cause I think there's something/someone there that can maybe connect between the tales. You'll just have to wait to find out.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ooh! Can't wait! I'm off from teaching today, so maybe I'll get caught up on my reading!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That was great! I too loved Foz's line "I. WAS. FUN. NEE." That was just great and I could totally hear him saying that!

Leyla

Reaction score
Short perhaps, but absolutely packed with sweetness.

Lovely update here, and it's just so wonderful seeing Kermit and Fozzie interacting. You've got such a knack for showing just how much heart Fozzie has... and his dedication to doing the right thing. What a charming, consciencious bear we have there! Furthermore, you've also shown that buoyant side of him. He might get knocked down, even by a well-meaning friend or stricken by his own sense of right and wrong, but relieved of that, he recovers instantly.

Sigh... thanks for reminding me of why Fozzie is such a special character.

Ruahnna said:
Normally, Kermit would have taken a moment to rest and get centered, but once again he had something important to take care of. He went looking for Fozzie.
Ooh, sweet carryover from when he took care of Piggy earlier. Lovely, subtle little lines like this make such a difference. A good story becomes a fantastic one, if you know what I mean.

“That was wrong! I wasn’t funny enough on my own so I cheated. I used…I used comical enhancements!” He covered his face with his hands. “Please don’t tell Ma.”
<giggles> Hilarious, and sweet and touching... ah, just wonderful!

You were funny, Fozzie,” Kermit said gently. “You—not some dumb machine.”
Oh... <hugs Kermit> I just love the way they love and care for one another. When it all comes down to it, they really are a very close-knit family.

Kermit was tempted—he was oh-so tempted to skirt his responsibility and say, very blithely, “Have you ever known any of Dr. Honeydew’s inventions to work?” but he didn’t. He scrunched up his face and screwed up his courage and spoke the truth.
I love that very human moment of temptation there from Kermit. Lovely diction there too, "scrunched up his face and screwed up his courage."

I am simply in awe.

He gasped suddenly and covered his mouth with both hands. “It was because of me, wasn’t it? It’s because I wasn’t funny enough! Oh—I knew it—“
“No—I didn’t mean that. Sheesh, this is getting more complicated than I meant.
Oh, and how like Fozzie to take it in the worst way possible! Of course things get complicated Kermit, you oughta know that by now!

“Kermit,” Fozzie said firmly. He put his hands on Kermit’s shoulders and looked at him reproachfully. “Are you telling me that you—my best and most trusted friend, my director, my employer, my frog—are you telling me that you tricked me?”
"His frog"! Oh, that's priceless... such a great set up to Fozzie's bouncing back! There really is almost no room for hard feelings or resentment in that bear's heart... and to give Fozzie his due, I think it's because he knows Kermit would never ever try to hurt him deliberately. If, say, Fleet Scribbler played a trick on him, even if it turned out well, things would be very different.

“It means I was funny! Me! I was funny tonight! Without comical enhancements! Kermit—I. WAS. FUN. NEE!”
<glee> Yay!! <waves arms around> I love that bear! I love Kermit's relief and returning hugs. What a sweet moment. Classic Kermit and Fozzie buddiness.

Somehow ferreting him out, Scooter met Kermit outside Fozzie’s dressing room and practically dressed him on a dead run to the sound booth. All around them, cast members were being herded expertly, with Howard and Thoreau occasionally nipping at their heels. Nobody nipped at Piggy.
Great description of the chaos here and some lovely word choices... ferreting, herded, nipping. Loved the last line particularly! Not many would dare!

I continue to adore the outfits you put Piggy in, especially the bedroom scuffs and Thoreau's reaction to them! <giggles> Awesome! Actually everyone's costumes were just great, and again, you manage to make description hilarious by giving Thoreau's horror at Zoot's suit!

Looking forward to the continuation, whenever it comes!

Hugs,
Leyla

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Okay, so I read this this morning when I was getting ready for school, and I love it!!!! ...But Leyla all ready said everything I was going to say. So! I'll just say MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! (It was an excellent way to start the day, by the way...)

BEAR

Reaction score
So much to catch up on, but I'll do my best!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Kept my end of the bargain, the second part to the last chapter of my story's there with all the costuming help in glorious detail.
Now then... When can we get some more of this enchanting fanfictional yarn?

christyb

Reaction score
*lets out a deep breath* Caught up! Wow I can't believe it. One down and uh....we won't mention how many more I have to go. Ru it is fab. I loved every chapter I read. Great job and post more soon! Not that I can talk seeing as I haven't writen a word. Anyways, I hate to jet without a proper review but I must take my ushy gushy self and go and read elsewhere. More soon!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Sorry, sorry, sorry

I'm still trying to get a handle on a log-jam here but I have TONS written to post once I get the durn thing unstuck. Hang in there with me!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... We're hanging all fright...
*Camera shows MC gang hanging from nice little suspension harnesses above seats in audience waiting for update.