Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Great Update!

Fantastic!
I'm can't wait to see what Kermit does for Christmas. I also like the great sense of timing in revealing Scribbler as Santa and the moment between him and Robin, yet another reason for Scribbler to feel guilty and a great addition to the story. Great as always, can't wait for more!

:wink:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

OY! Melt my heart, why don't ya! I LOOOOOOOOVE, love love love LOVE and ADORE that he went to SANTA for help! OYYYY I wanna hug and kiss that little cutie!

And top it with the IRONY of FLEET being SANTA! WHAAA! WOW! HOLY OY! And then he ditches the suit and WOW! Take THAT, Mr. Scribbler!

And I LOVE all the Muppets pulling together and by golly just BEING MUPPETS, all at Kermit's command! And Brenda got a picture! YAAAAAY! <dancey>

And I LOVE Rowlf's line about dog's being good at finding trees. So very Rowlf-like.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting other awesome stuff but you're just too wonderful for me to catch it all on a half-empty stomach! MORE PLEASE!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Oh, dear. It should go without saying--
Gonzo: Says who?
Pardon?
Gonzo: You said, "It should go without saying." So I'm saying, "WHY should it go without saying? Why shouldn't you say it?"
Well, um.....
Gonzo: I dare you! No! I DEMAND that you say whatever it was you were going to say!
(The author looks abashed.) Um, Ed was right. It's supposed to be Basil, not Nigel. I MEANT to change it but I was so sleepy....
Gonzo: That was it? THat was the big announcment?
Um, yes.
Gonzo: Works for me! Say--have you seen my chocolate-coated bowling ball?
Er--not since the last tournaments. Try the cafeteria.
Gonzo: I will--thanks.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
...Yah yah, der hergerty schlegerty Leesa fleesa. Und der moofin floofin foor der Riaan. Ate der moofin paan to feind...
*Swedish Chef keeps gossiping over the awards with Fleet, who understands and even speaks mock-Swedish.

Thought I'd throw that in there cause of a line I wanted to catch before lisa did.
Originally by Lord Lady High of UshGush: "If this had been a made-for-television movie, Scribbler’s teeny heart would have grown ten sizes larger at that moment, and they would all have sat down
to a feast of birdseed and shredded wheat together. But as Robin had just pointed out, some things require magic, and right now Scribbler felt about as
un-magical as it was possible to feel."
*How I do hug that... Grinch and MFC with Big B and Chef.

Thank you... More please?

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
I love this story! I just have one little nitpick isn't Brenda Starr married too Basil St. John?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey AC... Yes, the author of this fine fanfic made that clarification in a few posts above yours. It has been corrected in the copy I happen to have worked on and continue to do so as a small service of help for Ru.

That leads me to think there might be a future in such a service, more on that after this summer once I'm done with college and everything I hope.

BTW: Aunt Ru, here's a cornbread muffin fresh out of the ovens at the Muff 'YN' Fluff Bakery for you.
*Leaves muffin and hopes an update will get posted overnight.

Boppity

Reaction score
Yay, new chapter!

Ah Kermit, always such a good talker...though those thumb screws are sounding pretty interesting :halo:
And the scene with Robin and Scribbler was so sweet and sad at the same time...come on, Scribbler, you can change!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Can you believe this fic will be 2 whole years old in a couple of weeks? Wow, they start out so full of promise... A new chapter every third post or so. And then... *Weeps lightly. They grow up with readers reading and reviewing and raving for more... And then come the muffins, oh, the muffins! Before you know it, a couple of friends make their way into the story itself without rully having been planned to. Or it takes a giant leap forwards or backwards or sideways—March, May, thunder, lightning, Count!—in original storyline. But there comes the time when the author comes back and dazzles us all with a magnificently monumental update, reassuring us that until the last credit has rolled the story is not over.

Here's hoping Ru can get back to posting more of her fabu fanfics, sharing the love here and on the rest of MC.
*Huggs.