Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
If you have questions, then you can post them in the Fanfic Ideas Questions thread started by Slackbot. You might have to search for it, as it may have been pushed down by all the stories that keep popping up here on the boards. Hope this helps and welcome to our world. :big_grin:
I did a search for it, but couldn't seem to find it. Do you happen to know where it was posted? I can only guess within the fan fic portal, but would it be better to use the actual search function or just do a cold search within the forum itself?

I think for some I just need clarification on some things, which may or may not actually show up in a fic. Like, is BK the official name of the ring that Piggy wears? And where did we learn this info (cause I've never heard of this:confused:)? Or like is Scooter's first name really Scooter or could I get away with it as being a nickname? And um...uh...oh! Oh! So like, in the new movie it looks like Muppet Studios is on the same lot as the Muppet Theater. Is this a definite Muppet lore or something that Jason Siegal thought plausible?

The last two actually are fic related. Okay, that's it. For the moment.:insatiable:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... As far as I know:
1 The first time I heard of the pearl ring Piggy wears refered to as BK (Before Kermit) was here in Aunt Ru's fics, but it works so we go with it.
2 Given that the character's name is "Scooter" i'd think that yes, that is his actual name. Especially when "Scooter" as a nickname is used by Spike from Dinosaurs when refering to Robbie Sinclair, son of the show's main family. However, the Muppet Show's Scooter's family name is Grosse if that helps, and I've seen some people use Hunt-Grosse as well.
3 Anything from the movies is open to interpretation as we've seen the only true cannon within the Muppets is the one :concern: uses to launch himself out of. Slackbot's fics have done a good job at portraying the theater as a working recording studio. There is the KMUP-TV station studio as well within the Muppet realms if that helps separate things better. There are also Ru's movie fics that show the distinction between the two.

Hope this helps.
*Leaves cinnamon pecan muffins

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Hmm... As far as I know:
1 The first time I heard of the pearl ring Piggy wears refered to as BK (Before Kermit) was here in Aunt Ru's fics, but it works so we go with it.
Agreed, as it was the first time I heard it also and, from what I've seen so far, you guys are a pretty hard core canon group, so I went with it. I'll go with it, should I ever incorporate it (with permission of courses)

2 Given that the character's name is "Scooter" i'd think that yes, that is his actual name. Especially when "Scooter" as a nickname is used by Spike from Dinosaurs when refering to Robbie Sinclair, son of the show's main family. However, the Muppet Show's Scooter's family name is Grosse if that helps, and I've seen some people use Hunt-Grosse as well.
Really? I haven't seen Dinosaurs in so long, so I will go with that official word. Darn, I really liked Andrew Martin Grosse for Scooter's full name:grr: And as long as I'm asking, where does the 'Hunt' portion come in with Hunt-Grosse? BTW, which ep of the Muppet Show has Scooter state that his mother was a parrot? Oh, and as long as I'm asking, did Scooter live with his mother or uncle on the show? I can't remember based on my original watching of TMS and I haven't come across anything as I re-watch TMS (again, thank you YouTubes and Google:super:)

3 Anything from the movies is open to interpretation as we've seen the only true cannon within the Muppets is the one :concern: uses to launch himself out of. Slackbot's fics have done a good job at portraying the theater as a working recording studio. There is the KMUP-TV station studio as well within the Muppet realms if that helps separate things better. There are also Ru's movie fics that show the distinction between the two.
Again, muy awesomes, cause I has idea in regards to The Muppet Movie. Not too far out, but there is stuff in that movie that kinda contridicts TMS, but my brain is always working at finding connections to stuff and making it fit (I needs order and organization, me thinks).

Hope this helps.
*Leaves cinnamon pecan muffins
Si, si, es muy helpful, h'okay? Um....:embarrassed: could I has blueberry muffins instead, peas? Me no fan of cinnamons and pecans.:stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... You're using the name quotes in replying in full dissection mode?
Yoda: You learn fast, young padowan.

The "Hunt" part of Scooter's name, as ascribed in some fics comes from Richard Hunt (his original Muppeteer).
I don't think he said the quote about his mother being a parrot on a show episode, it might be from Jim Henson: The Works, but I could also be wrong on that point.
It wasn't really established what family :wink: lived with on the show... But in Muppet Newsgirl's fic A Little Knight Music, he lives with his uncle, Aunt Nancy/Nanny, and Skeeter. In most other fics, he's seen living with the rest of the cast.

Sure, leaves bluesberry muffins for WMG.
The cinnamon ones were for whoever wants them, usually left behind when muffining a thread.
Enjoy.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Since you asked, here is a link to The Fanfic Research Thread. I created it because I thought it would be a good idea to have a place to ask questions without muffining others' threads.

That said...
Agreed, as it was the first time I heard it also and, from what I've seen so far, you guys are a pretty hard core canon group, so I went with it.
*chuckles* Some of us are orthodox with regard to canon, and some of us are more relaxed. I'm probably a heretic. :wink:
Darn, I really liked Andrew Martin Grosse for Scooter's full name:grr: And as long as I'm asking, where does the 'Hunt' portion come in with Hunt-Grosse? BTW, which ep of the Muppet Show has Scooter state that his mother was a parrot? Oh, and as long as I'm asking, did Scooter live with his mother or uncle on the show?
  1. Odd, I had a similar idea, that Scooter wasn't on his birth certificate, but I've never used it except (sorta) in my "Negaverse" version. In the backstory, they're named Andrew and Annika, easily shortened to their stage names "Raggedy Andy and Annie." Between themselves they prefer their nicknames, though. Anyhow, you can name Scooter what you like as long as you can come up with a rationale for it. No need to accept others' interpretations as canon.
  2. Scooter's puppeteer was Richard Hunt.
  3. The parrot like was an off-camera ad-lib between Scooter and Kermit. It was mentioned in the book Of Muppets and Men.
  4. Nobody knew who Scooter lived with. It was never mentioned.
Edit: I do believe I have been ziffeled. Or I've ziffeled someone. Whichever. BTW, Gina, I do believe I recognize you from the ReBoot fandom.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, ziffle! Mwahahahaha!
Muffin? *Is in :excited: happy place today after getting my old new title again.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Oh... You're using the name quotes in replying in full dissection mode?
Yoda: You learn fast, young padowan.
:excited: I knows the Force, yo. Knows it! I actually probably do; I've somehow become a bigger Star Wars nerd than I ever antic....ipated.

The "Hunt" part of Scooter's name, as ascribed in some fics comes from Richard Hunt (his original Muppeteer).
I don't think he said the quote about his mother being a parrot on a show episode, it might be from Jim Henson: The Works, but I could also be wrong on that point.
Richard Hunt, got it. :wink:

See, this is why I ask cause I discovered that on the Muppet Wiki and while the fan wikis are a bit more researched than the actual wiki, it's always best to ask. :wisdom:

It wasn't really established what family :wink: lived with on the show... But in Muppet Newsgirl's fic A Little Knight Music, he lives with his uncle, Aunt Nancy/Nanny, and Skeeter. In most other fics, he's seen living with the rest of the cast.
Odd, I had a similar idea, that Scooter wasn't on his birth certificate, but I've never used it except (sorta) in my "Negaverse" version.
Okay, this can fits into my plan, h'okay? :search:

The parrot like was an off-camera ad-lib between Scooter and Kermit. It was mentioned in the book Of Muppets and Men.
Yes, yes, that's grand.

Sure, leaves bluesberry muffins for WMG.
The cinnamon ones were for whoever wants them, usually left behind when muffining a thread.
Enjoy.
Awesome possum! I love blueberry muffins. And pancakes, if anyone wants to leave some here. But not blueberry pancakes! :attitude: Those are gross. :eek: Have I mentioned how much I love these little smilies? :sing: Made a song about it, like to hear it goes!

No, I'm kidding. I didn't make a song. Today. It's still early though.

BTW, Gina, I do believe I recognize you from the ReBoot fandom.
Yes indeed and I'm glad to see that I was right. When I read your fics here (all of them, I believe), I asked myself, "Self? Does the name Slackbot not ring any bells of sorts?" and then I answered myself and said, "Self, I think that is the Slackbot from Hash and Slack aka the Kim of the ReBoot" and then I said, "You know what, I think you're right." and then I said, "These guys are a bit :batty: I think I'm gonna like it here!"

And then I got strange looks, as I usually do when I hold conversations with myself...:crazy:

Right. To the research thread and then maybe I'll actually get some writing done today.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Just for clarification, I did NOT make up that Piggy calls her ring BK, which stands for Before Kermit, but I could not tell you this moment where I first heard that. I will ponder and let you know what I remember!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Just for clarification, I did NOT make up that Piggy calls her ring BK, which stands for Before Kermit, but I could not tell you this moment where I first heard that. I will ponder and let you know what I remember!
OOOOOOH! :search: Mysterious Muppet lore. Cool!

Take your time. You guys seem like nice, trustworthy peoples, so you know. I trust ya. :big_grin:

Misskermie

Reaction score
I think she called it "BK" on one of those talk shows she went on, but I don't remember which one...