Kermit and Ernie

King Jim

Reaction score
Kermit and Ernie sound alike. Well they were both performed by the same person. But Does Kermit talk to Ernie. Has Kermit ever talked to Ernie?
:smile: :stick_out_tongue:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Kermit and Ernie have at least both been in the same scene at the end of "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" TV special from 1990. They didn't exactly specifically talk to each other, but I imagine they might have on the 2 episodes of The Muppet Show that Ernie showed up on. I can't remember which ones, but I'm sure someone on here can tell you.

:smile: :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't recall Ernie and Kermit EVER talking to one another.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Just one more note, Ernie's voice is a little coarser and deep; Kermit's is clearer and higher pitched.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ernie is also much more calm, but he isn't trying to hold a whole group of zany Muppets together, either. Ernie IS a zany Muppet!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, he is.

I saw a skit the other day (Steve Whitmire was playing Ernie) where Bert convinced Ernie to think before playing his bugle or his drums and waking him up.

"If I play my bugle... it will wake Bert up. If I play my drums, that'll wake Bert up too! I know! I'll play my bugle and my drums! But wait. Think. That'll wake up Bert too! Oh, wow! I did it! I thought before I did anything! I've got to tell Bert! Hey, Bert! Wake up, Bert! I've got something important to tell you, Bert!"

"Ernie, what is it?"

"Bert! I thought before I played my bugle and my drums! If I had played them, I would have woken you up! Oh, but now that your awake, I can play my bugle and my drums again! Yaaaaay!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I second that, it needs to be moved to Classic Muppets or SS.

Don't worry, bobhopesite, it's a common newbie Mistake. Happens all the time :halo:

I think the main difference between Kermit and Ernie is that they started out much more different. if you look at early kermit stuff, he has a more frog like voice, and Ernie has a semichildlike, yet deep. Then (this is my theory) as time whent by, Jim relaxed into the voices, and they sounded more similar.