Kermit Replica Assistance Needed!

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on a play for my college that I wrote about Jim Henson. The script calls for Mahna Mahna, Ernie, and two Kermits.

Mahna Mahna and Ernie are relatively easy... I just finished Mahna Mahna today - pictures coming soon! - and I'm on to Ernie next.

I'm curious, though, about Kermit. I know to use the Alternate Body Pattern from ProjectPuppet [link below]; but does anybody have patterns for the head and arms?

I've seen a lot of great replicas of Kermit before, so I'm hoping someone has a clue!

Please and thank you :smile:

http://www.projectpuppet.com/-strse-19/Simple-Series-Alternate-Body/Detail.bok

charlie bird

Reaction score
Here is the stuft animal pattern I found it on puppet planet,but I haven't tried it

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
the glorified sock puppet pattern from puppet project works

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Here's my first [ever] go at Kermit:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52568285@N07/

I kinda combined the two versions of the pattern you all suggested and made my own modifications. I'm not thrilled with the way he came out. Here are my problems with it:

- Too long a neck
- Too short a collar
- Too wide a mouth
- The eyes are WAY too far down his head

I'm really trying to make him look accurate... any more critiques? :embarrassed:

practicecactus

Reaction score
I actually quite like your Kermit. It's recognizable as Kermit, while still looking stylized and would work well for a play. But if you really wanna go for as indenticle as possible, from memory, if you print this one out on A4, it's pretty good.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i have to say im a fan of your kermit as well i just like the way he looks

Animal31

Reaction score
Seriously, I would go for it! I think the audience would really enjoy it, I think he's great............though may I suggest legs? :smile:

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your support! There are a few things I want to change, but my final will be pretty true to my prototype...

I'm not adding legs as the show I wrote is a historical look at how Henson performed and he rarely played Kermit with legs...

Any tips on the mouthplate? I used kraft-foam, but it's too soft and keeps the shape of my hand every time I make him react. Know how I can fix it?

If anybody has critiques for Mahna Mahna, too, just let me know - I am going to add more hair, though.