Kermit spotted wanting to be a millionaire!!!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The Count said:
Heh... Of course the swamp home of Kermit was in Florida... That's why it's a trick question.
Actually the swamp Kermit lived in at the start of "The Muppet Movie" was located in Georgia (the location is never actually said in the film, but Georgia is where they filmed all the swamp scenes). In "The Muppets at Walt Disney World" Kermit goes to visit his family in the swamp which is located in Florida (just nextdoor to Disney World). However in "Kermit's Swamp Years" the swamp that he grew up in (and his family is from) is located in Mississippi (right outside the town of Leland). In some recent interviews, Kermit (performed Steve Whitmire) has mentioned (between the obligatory frog puns) that he is from a Mississippi swamp (probably due to the Jim Henson connection and the references in the more recent "Kermit's Swamp Years").

I guess it's a big swamp (or his family has moved around a lot). The real location is just one of those things (like Gonzo's family) that there is not a solid canonical answer to. Like most Muppet things, its all part of a "rubber-band reality" that can shift and stretch to meet the story needs.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Thanks for the info Gelfling. Guess we'll just leave it be then.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Actually the swamp Kermit lived in at the start of "The Muppet Movie" was located in Georgia (the location is never actually said in the film, but Georgia is where they filmed all the swamp scenes). In "The Muppets at Walt Disney World" Kermit goes to visit his family in the swamp which is located in Florida (just nextdoor to Disney World). However in "Kermit's Swamp Years" the swamp that he grew up in (and his family is from) is located in Mississippi (right outside the town of Leland). In some recent interviews, Kermit (performed Steve Whitmire) has mentioned (between the obligatory frog puns) that he is from a Mississippi swamp (probably due to the Jim Henson connection and the references in the more recent "Kermit's Swamp Years").

I guess it's a big swamp (or his family has moved around a lot). The real location is just one of those things (like Gonzo's family) that there is not a solid canonical answer to. Like most Muppet things, its all part of a "rubber-band reality" that can shift and stretch to meet the story needs.
I thought it was in Mississippi too, because that's where Jim grew up.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I've been watching GSN a lot this week and saw him on that episode of Millionaire, as well as Family Feud and Hollywood Squares; all in the same week!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I've been watching GSN a lot this week and saw him on that episode of Millionaire, as well as Family Feud and Hollywood Squares; all in the same week!
Boy....the frog sure gets around huh?:smile:
(I can't believe I missed it though!:eek: I watch GSN a lot!Anyone know if Kermit will be on Millionaire on GSN tonight?)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure, since I lost GSN on my cable provider a while back. But it was just the one time though. And it was great, cause that led to his infamous appearance on The Daily Show in 2000 soon after. Ah, that was a good year for Daily Show/Muppet moments.