Kermit SST Material Pro's and Con's

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Let me put this in the following way.....WHY IS THE WORLD SO CRUEL!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Because the love of money without just cause for it is evil and corporations love money just for the sole reason of loving it--kind of like Scrooge before he repented--and thus, what does it make corporations when they don't share what they have with others?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think Kermit had been referred to as a frequent guest star even before Henson lost the rights to the Sesame Street characters. A promo for The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street referred to Kermit as "Sesame Street's #1 guest star", and the box for the Magic Talking Kermit did the same. Both were released before the character rights were sold.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Perhaps Henson knew of the "divorce" between his company and the then-CTW?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Perhaps Henson knew of the "divorce" between his company and the then-CTW?
Well, I don't know if Henson had planned on selling the company to EM.TV back then, but the rights to the Sesame Street Muppets were sold after EM.TV bought the company and experienced financial problems.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, I don't know if Henson had planned on selling the company to EM.TV back then, but the rights to the Sesame Street Muppets were sold after EM.TV bought the company and experienced financial problems.
If only we could find a happy medium between us old-schoolers and the Elmo-adoring generations of the current age.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
it's times like this when I wish JHC could buy back the Muppets from Disney.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Ditto, but we knew Jim had planned to work with Disney anyway, and so, the merger was bound to happen.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
amen.....well I suppose it had to be done I guess.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed, but as stated, it was the EMTV selling the Sesame Muppets to SW that was the problem. While Kermit was still negotiated, he didn't make quite as frequent appearances during those times. Not to mention that no Sesame Street characters appeared in MCC, MTI or MFS (dispite having a Sesame Muppeteer write the script).

I will say this. i'm really glad that Disney and SW worked out character rights. Both sides could just as easily refused, meaning no Kermie clips in Sesame Old School (or random current clips), and no Ernie and Bert singing to Connie Stevens. Let's be glad they had that compromise.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish SW worked out some sort of Kermit fair usage clause. Disney would profit from merchandise and Muppet show appearances, SW would have the rights to use the character for SS whenever they want, and JHC could use him in their logo.