1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Kid Doesn't Recognize Big Bird

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Mo Frackle, Aug 8, 2012.

1. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had always thought that Nermal was a girl too, so needless to say, once I found out she's a he, I couldn't believe it.
  2. Drtooth Well-Known Member

The problem with that cartoon version was that he was refereed to as a he a couple times, but not frequently enough to distinguish him as such. They fixed that starting with the horrible movies (supposedly, I refuse to watch them) and the better CGI DTV films and new cartoon (where he's a bit of a jerk).
  3. meepmuppaphones Active Member

I used to think Nermal was female, too... Until the Garfield Show gave him a very... Odd voice.:shifty:
  4. heralde Well-Known Member

I never thought Elmo was a girl. I was just slightly confused about Gladys, because even as a kid I thought, "OK that's clearly a guy's voice," Lol.
  5. dwmckim Well-Known Member

When i was a young'un, i thought Grover was a girl.
  6. SSLFan Well-Known Member

It weirds me out when people always ask if Big Bird is a boy or girl.