1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Kind of a Strange Question...

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by WOCKA2416, Mar 15, 2003.

1. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

Do you think all of the Muppet performers get along well? I mean, do you think one of the reasons that Frank Oz doesn't perform much anymore is that he doesn't have the best relationship with the other performers?

-Dave
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Frank Oz has expanded his career to include directing films. You might find this FAQ of interest.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

Of course I know that Frank has gone on to do some directing....I'm a huge fan of his. Obviously, he could still do SOME work for JHC if he really wanted to. I am just wondering if bad relationships with the people still left at JHC have contributed to his absence.
  4. foofoocakes

foofoocakes New Member

HMMM. If I could make MILLIONS of dollar directing a movie or a couple thousand with my hand up a foam rubber pig which one would I pick ? I tell you its a tie.
  5. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

more than likely, i bet he did make some of them a little angry. but i think they probably don't care anymore.

ryan
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

You are right that is not kanda' a strange question, that IS a strange question.

Beau:concern:{Gata' go}regard
  7. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

No one's angry. Not Frank, not his fellow Muppeteers. He still works on the occasional project, mostly Sesame. If anyone had read the FAQ, they'd know this.

ToughPigs also has a Recast FAQ.

Hope this helps :D
  8. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

Actually, I happened to know for a fact that some essential people are angry that Frank isn't around...come on, wouldn't you be too?
  9. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Then why would you ask in the first place?

Quite frankly, no. Everyone's got their own thing to do. Frank gave his life to the Muppets for years. I'm sure there is some weirdness, and maybe some people are mad, but really that's quite silly, isn't it? :rolleyes:
    Puckrox likes this.
  10. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

I'am more sad than angry. I really hope that others also are more sad than angry. And it seems to me that the replacements have done a pretty good job so far.

I think it's understandebel that Frank are looking for new challenges. Nobody will do the same all their lives, and people just have to accept that fact.
  11. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I'm siding with Frank on this one. Like scarecroe said, Frank put in a lot of hard work into the Muppets. And I'm sure he likes puppeteering, he still does it as often as he can. But he's got a family. He has to give to them as much time as he possibly can, just like any other father or husband. He's got two careers. He ALSO has fan mail he goes through. He has the same problems in life we all do. He's got a lot to juggle. I'm surprised he does as much with the Muppets as he does now!

Eventually, it's time for a person to move on. I don't think Jim ever thought of doing nothing but the Muppets his whole life. He probably wanted to do other stuff too, but still come back to the Muppets.

dk, it does get me sad ocassionally, but, I think more happy that Frank's doing what he can, wish he could do more, but he's not Superman, and I've heard that Frank still thinks about the Muppets. He's got nothing but good things to say about them in his interviews.

Which reminds me, is it okay to submit interviews written in magazines to Muppet Central? There's one in an issue of the Star Wars Insider that I would like to put up.
  12. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

well i am sure they don't say 'hey meet ya at the bowling alley at 8' (although what do i know?) but i am also sure they aren't sending death threats to each other (once again what do i know?) i figure it's a medium! i mean there are probably times when they are like why? then there's other's when they think it's neat that he was set upon a new path.....

Sarah

woah that made some sort of weird sense!
  13. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Re: Re: Kind of a Strange Question.....

Perhaps they have a "No Frank Club" where they sit around, call Frank "Baldy", and make fun of his movies.

:)
  14. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

Re: Re: Re: Kind of a Strange Question.....

i'm sure....it's like...

'hey look! at least we tell them that our actors are pigs'...

is it sunny outside or is it just a reflection?

Sarah
  15. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

16. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

*laughs evilly*

Sarah
  17. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

*raises hand*

Teacher! Teacher! Sarah's being EEEEEEEEVIL again!
  18. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

you better put your hand down or i'll tell that you cut in front of tommy yesterday!!!

Sarah
  19. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Settle down now.
  20. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

yeah...but he pinched me!

Sarah