Labyrinth 20th Anniversary Reunion

Stulz

Reaction score
More info...

Another Henson event just announced:
There is a Henson pannel scheduled for Friday July 212t @ Comic-Con in San Diego where they will be showing a preview of "Power of the Dark Cystal"!

So it looks like Clerks 2 just got bumpedfurther down my schedule.
:smile:

Kimp the Shrimp:
The Kevin Smith and Henson fan bases are close in age proximity and if you ask one about the other most would say they like both.. maybe not equily but there is def. a crossover fan base.

:wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm a HUGE fan of Kevin Smith's work. We're going to go see the movie exactly after work is over on the 21st!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These folks will be at the Labyrinth screening...
Brian Henson, puppeteer coordinator and the voice of Hoggle

Brian Froud, conceptual designer/supervisor

Toby Froud, who portrays the character of Toby in the film

Dave Goelz, puppet operator and the voice of Didymus, the Hat, the Guard, L. Doorknocker and Firey 3

Jane Gootnick, senior puppet builder

Karen Prell, puppet operator and the voice of the Worm, the Junk Lady and Firey 2

Mira Velimorivic, Jim Henson's creative assistant

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I so would love to see a picture of Toby Froud! That would be strange and awesome at the same time!

And I wished I lived in LA!

Stulz

Reaction score
Labyrinth Reuion

Just got back from the Labyrinth Reuion.

Jane Gootnick wasn't able to attend due to a schedule conflict, but it was really great seeying everyone and to see Toby all grown was fun!

Even though the screening and renuion were a onme night only deal, the acdemy's anamatronic exhibit that opend at the end of the screening wil be open for a few more weeks.

It is really amazining and def. worth a your tim eto check it out. Not only did they have Augra, parts of the skekis and Mystics, one of the door knockers, Sir. Diddymus!!! and Fizgig!!!!, but also # Johnny 5 from Short Curcit, GIZMO!!!, Audrey II!!!, YODA!!!, and many, MANY other Henson and non Henson animatronics chacters and collection of great concept art and still photography in the lobby.

If you're in the LA area go check it out!

:smile:

Jedimasta

Reaction score
The film was fantastic to see on the big screen again, and getting the chance to speak with Goelz and Prell was an honor. I'll be posting a full story on my website at www . media - geeks . com (board wont allow me to post URLs yet) shortly, but in the meantime, I got several dozen pictures anyone can look at here:

www . alt-realities.com/gallery/main.php/v/Animatronics/

alorindanya

Reaction score
That is simply fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures!

edible eye

Reaction score
Jedimasta said:
The film was fantastic to see on the big screen again, and getting the chance to speak with Goelz and Prell was an honor. I'll be posting a full story on my website at www . media - geeks . com (board wont allow me to post URLs yet) shortly, but in the meantime, I got several dozen pictures anyone can look at here:

www . alt-realities.com/gallery/main.php/v/Animatronics/
Thanks for the great pics! That's the chicken from Return to OZ right? Good to see she's in great shape.:smile:

I'd love to hear more about the actual discussion.

Jedimasta

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Yes, that is the clucker that starred alongside a very young Faruza Balk. I'm slowly but surely filling in the descriptions in between writing a proper article around the story.

Admin Philip has already approached me about reprinting my article for MuppetCentral and once I've finished it, I'll be happy to have him display it. Comic-Con has held my attention for the past couple days, so I haven't had the chance to get my thoughts together yet.