Latest News from Youtube

NantoSeiken

Reaction score
People have been predicting the demise of YouTube long before the Google takeover. If and when it happens, I won't be surprised. But after reading that article, I don't see how the new technologies being rolled out in September will have any effect on the Sesame Street fans using the site. The sky is not falling on September 1st.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, parody is different. I did "That Poor Frog" showing some silly stuff I did at 2 and 3 am once. It's basically parody.

The thing that HURTS us about this is that it is sometimes the only resource of reference we fans have for items of interest to us. Historical interviews with Jim Henson and Kermit the Frog may now be blocked, as well as Sesame and Muppet sketches we all love. Not to mention OLD commercials and such that nobody else has access to but the companies?

This hurts the fans.
I agree, it's frustrating when quality stuff is barely available, and then when it is, it has to be removed.

Well, no one said having good taste was going to be easy. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I posted this on a hundered sites a hundred times.

Firstly, of COURSE all the advancements in technology have been greed friendly. Nothing to save lives. We have a thousand drugs curing a man's drive, but none to cure AIDS or Cancer. And do you know why? Because once the big boys of disease are destroyed there's no call to sell pills that do absolutely nothing for 30 bucks a pop.

Same with Greed-Tube. And guess what? Unlike something that someone posts you can download and keep, this ISN'T something that's going to hurt them. Some idiot puts up the full "daddy Day Camp" movie and Viacom throws a Princess fit that they aren't making money hand over fist over hand. And not because the film is poor quality, mind you. Because that everyone knows that the reason why people don't go to theaters is they either A) have big big uberexpensive home theaters, or B) download them. Not because the price of everything is rising higer and higher. Heck no.

This is JUST like napster. Instead of the Music industry coming to terms with the fact they've been pooping out factory made one hit wonders and that CD's are becoming obsolete. No. Some idiots want a dance mix of the high quality well thought out music like "Shake your laffy taffy." The entertainment industry is just that. And industry. All their crap moves out of factory conveyor belts and then when people refuse to go out and see them, instead of blaming the lack of Originality, they blame us little people who want to see things that are only archived.

I DON'T want Survivor! I DON'T want High School Musical! I DON'T want "Don't forget the Lyrics/Singing Bee!" I Want Earthworm Jim! I want full episodes of Kinnikuman and Doraemon and stuff these greedy facists won't bring over to the US because they'd lose money. I want rare Jim henson commercials.

I find it endlessly hillarious that Disney and WB are behind this. Both companies never miss the oppertunity to rape their own characters to make money (Loonatics Unleashed). Daggnabbit. Put Duck Dodgers on DVD, and maybe people won't "illegally" watch them without Coke or McDonald's money going towards you for advertising. You CAN make a compromise. If it's clips of something, and they are less than 5 minutes, KEEP IT ON! It may entise people to buy things, stupid.

But I'm agreeing with Frogbog on this one. Youtube (and soon the internet) is dead. Long live corporate greed and the Devil Worshipping Media conglomerates.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I posted this on a hundered sites a hundred times.

Firstly, of COURSE all the advancements in technology have been greed friendly. Nothing to save lives. We have a thousand drugs curing a man's drive, but none to cure AIDS or Cancer. And do you know why? Because once the big boys of disease are destroyed there's no call to sell pills that do absolutely nothing for 30 bucks a pop.

Same with Greed-Tube. And guess what? Unlike something that someone posts you can download and keep, this ISN'T something that's going to hurt them. Some idiot puts up the full "daddy Day Camp" movie and Viacom throws a Princess fit that they aren't making money hand over fist over hand. And not because the film is poor quality, mind you. Because that everyone knows that the reason why people don't go to theaters is they either A) have big big uberexpensive home theaters, or B) download them. Not because the price of everything is rising higer and higher. Heck no.

This is JUST like napster. Instead of the Music industry coming to terms with the fact they've been pooping out factory made one hit wonders and that CD's are becoming obsolete. No. Some idiots want a dance mix of the high quality well thought out music like "Shake your laffy taffy." The entertainment industry is just that. And industry. All their crap moves out of factory conveyor belts and then when people refuse to go out and see them, instead of blaming the lack of Originality, they blame us little people who want to see things that are only archived.

I DON'T want Survivor! I DON'T want High School Musical! I DON'T want "Don't forget the Lyrics/Singing Bee!" I Want Earthworm Jim! I want full episodes of Kinnikuman and Doraemon and stuff these greedy facists won't bring over to the US because they'd lose money. I want rare Jim henson commercials.

I find it endlessly hillarious that Disney and WB are behind this. Both companies never miss the oppertunity to rape their own characters to make money (Loonatics Unleashed). Daggnabbit. Put Duck Dodgers on DVD, and maybe people won't "illegally" watch them without Coke or McDonald's money going towards you for advertising. You CAN make a compromise. If it's clips of something, and they are less than 5 minutes, KEEP IT ON! It may entise people to buy things, stupid.

But I'm agreeing with Frogbog on this one. Youtube (and soon the internet) is dead. Long live corporate greed and the Devil Worshipping Media conglomerates.

The internet's not going away. think you got a bit carried away with that last statement.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
However, it really hurts the fans. Those of us who own Muppet Family Christmas, but want to see the deleted material not packaged on the DVD. Or those of us who miss the opening credits of the Jim Henson Hour. That's mainly what I use it for.
I agree with you.

The thing that gets me is this Turr fellow who is suing YouTube over someone having posted "his" video, which was shown on the news. Once something is shown on the news it's fair game, really.

Another thing I read, and I may be wrong, but he had been documenting the events leading up to the riots. He knew they were going to happen and did nothing to stop it. Therefore, he is as responsible for the riots as those who did it.

Not to mention as responsible for those poor truckers who were beaten for no reason. They didn't do anything to anyone. While he filmed that, he did NOTHING to help them. He's also responsible for those fellows being beaten.

Also, those fellows did not give him permission to be filmed, so he was also invading their privacy, then posting it on the news to show them being beaten and adding humiliation to their already open wounds.

If you ask me, and anybody should be getting sued, it should be this Turr fellow.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It might not be going away but it will soon be policed so much that there will be nothing worth "surfing" for anymore.

Combine that with what frogboy4 said...

The internet is still like the wild west. It is likely the last frontier to be explored and to stake claims. The staking usually comes from the biggest bullies. I understand protecting a copyright. There really is no copyright police, the enforcement falls upon the party of ownership (and its minions). Google is a corporate giant...this was only a matter of time.
Exactly. Exactly what I've been saying. The internet WAS like the wild west, and it was only a matter of time before the rich man kicked the natives off their land to find gold. Napster? Fine. You actually got to keep the music and burn it onto disk. Using songs and characters for a fan work? That should be like Drawing Mickey Mouse for the amusement of your friends. No harm is really being done.

Youtube is basically like watching a video your friend rented at his house. That's it. I mean, sure. Go after people who post full lenght movies that just came out, or full epiosdes of something last night. I feel this is mainly because of the moron who posted the episode of 24 before it aired last year.

And if MTV is soooooo anal about not posting music videos... go back to actually airing music videos. While your at it, make up more sites like Turbo Nick where you can watch stuff on line legally for your site. Give the fans a more legal friendly alternative.

In all it hurts fans of classic commercials, TV shows, stuff from other countries that can't be brought over here (I saw 2 Asterix movies this way), and basically anyone who loves Television, but hates to watch it. Especially now.

Rumors of a Sesame Street clip archive have surfaced, but until I see something big, we're going to have to find an alternative that hasn't been bullied by Viacom, or we have to go back to the archaic tape trades we thought we were finnally rid of.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I wonder what Youtube is gonna be like in September - present.Could it get a new name like "Yougle" or "Gootube" when this fingerprint machine is installed?:concern:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Here's just an idea...

This is just an idea I had god forbid the sky does fall on September 1. How about we migrate over to www.dailymotion.com? Another forum I go to uses this website all the time to post stuff in their blogs and I think this is a much better site then YouTube because they are particularly lenient when it comes to copyright infringement unless users remove it themselves. Just an idea...