Least Favorite Muppets?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Hey, I love Pepe! I totally disagree there. That's what makes this
Elmo's another story. I still think he speaks down to children in a baby voice and I don't like it. I find it a cop-out. (Baby Sinclair was the right use for the voice.) But I can't see him with any other voice now and he can be entertaining so I don't mind him anymore. Just not my fave. Hoots is much cooler!
Perhaps his insane over exposure has clouded people on the little guy...but trust me...when Kevin Clash has Elmo with him I think people get to see that he's really a cool little furry fella.

I will say he is not one of my Sesame faves, I'd say Telly is...I also think Zoe and Baby Bear are great. Check out Elmopalooza, that has to be one of the best Muppet things in the last decade.

And I just have to laugh at the anti Clifford sentiments. I cant see any reason why people wouldnt like him. Heck, even that annoying little furball Bean Bunny has his moments.

Thijs

Reaction score
Clifford not a rapper? Hmm, I`m not convinced. Still don`t like him.

A thing about Marvin Suggs. De Muppaphones are no prisoners of Marvin. They have even their own car! ("Sorry I am late, but I couldn`t find a free parkingplace").
And what`s wrong with Miss Mousey? Why shouldn`t small characters have a name. If they shouldn`t have names, we had nothing to talk about on the forum :smile: ("Who is that blue bird-like woman in The Ustinov episode?" "that`s Cynthia Birdley")
And I do a little agree with the thing about Teeth Chef said. Not only there is already a piano-player, but is voice sounds way to much as Rowlf (or vicaversa).

Least fave SS char:
Cookie Monster. What`s his function? Eating? What do kids learn from Cookie? Nothing! And he is annoying too

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
haha ya i guess thats all what cookie does...its not like he can get smart all of a sudden and teach kids how to read and write.....
that'll be funny though, cookie comes on and starts talking in sentences and decided not to eat or talk about cookies.....ha ha

ryan

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
haha ya i guess thats all what cookie does...its not like he can get smart all of a sudden and teach kids how to read and write.....
that'll be funny though, cookie comes on and starts talking in sentences and decided not to eat or talk about cookies.....ha ha

ryan
ok, ok, he is not THAT annoying, but he gets way to much screentime for such a flat character.

I`d rather see Herrie more. I`ve never understood why, but he always was my favourite. Maybe because he got so little screentime :smile:

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I liked Clifford, even more than Pepe and Clifford does Reggae not rap,I mean does he have ho's and gold covering his body? I dont really like Marvin Suggs either. I also liked Pepe a lot betetr when he didnt seem so annoying.

Gonzo

Reaction score
The Muppet Show:
Wayne and Wanda
George the Janitor
Hilda
Lips

Sesame Street:
Placido Flamingo
Baby Bear
Humphrey

Muppets Tonight:
Bobo
Phil Van Neuter
Bill the Bubble Guy
Andy & Randy Pig

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Forgot about Andy and Randy. But thats not a bad thing. :stick_out_tongue:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Andy and Randy are a disgrace to all things pig.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I'm sorry to have to say that I disagree with the concept of this thread altogether. This is of the same ilk as the infamous spiderman's "who's the biggest Muppet fan" thread. Though I don't think this thread was initiated to cause friction on the board (as the other one might have), I do believe it has the potential to become less than pleasant.

In the past we have seen many a flare of opinion on a broad range of subjects in this forum. I personally see the potential of that type of situation in this thread. What can start as a well-intended debate can sour quite easily.

So with that, I say post wisely. In my opinion, further statements on this subject might be better discussed privately, or not at all.

...And that is the word of Cantus. Take it or leave it Buck O! :big_grin:

-Matt