Least Favorite Muppets?

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one, Matt. You see, the difference between this thread and Spirderman's (curse the Name!) is that is is a genuine disgustion. We're talking about the muppets who we find annoying unessacary, or unlikable. To each his own, I say, so the oppinoins of others shouldn't really matter. I mean, I don't like Dr Teeth, but i love Marivn. Beaker proobly likes teeth alot, but doesn't like Marvin. It's all a matter of opionions.

However, I agree that we should post carfuely. this thread isn't a serious threat to out peaceful existance, but it could be. It's like a peice of metal that could become a part of a nuclear bomb.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Opinions become volital at a rapid pace Mr. Chefs. Trust me, I've been a victim of "opinions" around here once or twice (I think before you became a member, though). But like my post said, do what you want. Its just advice, and as we all know, people don't follow advice well. So, do what ya want, don't do what ya want, whaaatever, I'm just tryin' to help.

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
I'm sorry to have to say that I disagree with the concept of this thread altogether. This is of the same ilk as the infamous spiderman's "who's the biggest Muppet fan" thread. Though I don't think this thread was initiated to cause friction on the board (as the other one might have), I do believe it has the potential to become less than pleasant.
Well, as the Swedish Chef might say...if you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen:wink: Actually he'd probably say something like "Dervooner Schfoonder Goorgen bork" but that's besides the point. The difference is that kid started a thread that was basically "Whose all the overweight losers on here?" That's pretty must th eunfortunate gist of it. This is merely who we like more than others.

And funny, out of everyone's Quinn's list I probably agree with the most. I guess the characters Im not much into are the more boring generic/humanoid Muppets whatever show it be. A lot of Sesame characters Im not fond of: I really dislike a lot of the anything Muppets...just to bland. Im not into Prairie Dawn, or Forgetful Jones...nor the classic fairty tale characters,
and I CANNOT STAND Harvey Kneeslapper. I think we can all agree this idiot can never see the light of day again:wink:
Yes it sound slike heresy, but I cant stand a lot of things about the 70's era...ok, I take that back...I cant stand most anything from the 70's. Maybe it's just the modernism in me...and oddly enough Sex and violence, tho predating the Muppet Show by 2 years, seemed much more edgy than the actual show itself.
Then again I havent really seen much of TMS since it's original syndication *looks around...Im not OLD!* If I have an unpresedented love for the 80's, I have a sheer loathe for the 70's(with the exception of a good bulk of TMS, and the Muppet movie)

wockawocka

Reaction score
I don't like Zoe or Crazy Harry at all. They're both just annoying, especially Zoe.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Bill the Bubble Guy. Mr. Poodlepants. Zippity Zap. Andy & Randy. (Amusing, but overused on MT.) Howard. Whatever the name of that male pig on MT was. (Sad excuse for a Link Hogthrob-ish replacement.)
Most of my biggest problems are w/new characters that try to do pretty much the same thing as some old ones, but don't do it NEARLY as well. I noticed that problem alot on MT.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree. They needed to strike more of a balance with old and new Muppets. When they make a new character that's basically a facsimile of a classic character - then why not just use the classic one (even if they have to recast the voice)? It seems they figured that out after the Christmas special.

The real break-away characters from MT were the truly original ones like Bobo, Johnny, Sal and Pepe. They will be around for a while. The new Swinetrek cast, Spamela and David Hogselhof were really just retreads. Strangepork, Annie Sue and Link would have been better choices. They were funny for a one-joke-bit, but they weren't interesting enough to transcend that.

Bill the Bubble Guy and Poodle Pants were the classic sort of "run through" characters but they made the mistake of trying to promote them to main players. Like Angus on the Muppet show, they should have just let them fade away after an episode. Carl the Big Mean(...) always cracked me up, though. That was more in the Wayne and Wanda running gag sort of category.

I liked Muppets Tonight, but there was severe confusion about what direction they wanted to take. ABC should have given it more of a chance. They had two half seasons. I feel they wanted to kill the project from the beginning. It got decent numbers.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
my least favorites

Although I don't really hate any muppets, there are some characters I like less than others. I would still like to see these characters in future productions.

My least favorite Muppet Show Characters:
Miss Piggy
The Bossmen
Miss Mousey
Mary Louise
Foo Foo

My least favorite Muppets Tonight characters:
andy and randy
David Hogsohog
the cast of Pigs In Space: Deep Dish Nine: The next generation of Pigs In Space (except for Craniac)
Johnny Fiama
Sal Manillia
Mr. Poodlepants

My least favorite Sesame Street characters:
the monsters from Monster Clubhouse (except for Mel)
the Elephant
Zoe
Sherry Netherland
Joey and Davey Monkey

I also don't like it when crowd/ group scenes feature generic whatnots, anything muppets or animals (like penguins or chickens) instead of more specific characters, especially when i want to see some of my favorite characters (Lips, Digit, Nigel the director, etc.) involved.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Flying Sheep said:
I'm not a big fan of Dr. Teeth. (duck from tomatos) You see, he's unessacary character. We already have a piano player (Rowlf) and a super cool guy (Flyod,JAnice and Zoot), both roles he unessacarly fills. He's used mainly as a non-speaking character on TMS, and in the films his only major roles were in TMM, which could have been given to Flyod) and Singing "You can't take no for an answar" in TMTM which could have been sung by Rowlf. They SHould have just called it Flyod Pepper and the Electric Mayhem. It seemed like they just wanted to give Jim yet another character.
No that is not why Dr Teeth was created. If you notice, the EM is composed of 6 players (if you include Lips). One character for each of the 6 Muppeteers: Jim Henson (Dr. Teeth), Frank Oz (Animal), Dave Goelz (Zoot), Jerry Nelson (Floyd), Richard Hunt (Janice), and Steve Whitmire (Lips).

BEAR

Reaction score
Thijs said:
Clifford not a rapper? Hmm, I`m not convinced. Still don`t like him.

A thing about Marvin Suggs. De Muppaphones are no prisoners of Marvin. They have even their own car! ("Sorry I am late, but I couldn`t find a free parkingplace").
And what`s wrong with Miss Mousey? Why shouldn`t small characters have a name. If they shouldn`t have names, we had nothing to talk about on the forum :smile: ("Who is that blue bird-like woman in The Ustinov episode?" "that`s Cynthia Birdley")
And I do a little agree with the thing about Teeth Chef said. Not only there is already a piano-player, but is voice sounds way to much as Rowlf (or vicaversa).

Least fave SS char:
Cookie Monster. What`s his function? Eating? What do kids learn from Cookie? Nothing! And he is annoying too
Cookie Monster DOES have a purpose on the show. If you want to know what it is you can ask me. :smile: