Legends of the DARK CRYSTAL Comic! Opinions?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm glad I saw this thread, because I'd actually forgotten about this project. Seeing the art makes this a must-buy for me.

:smile:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I really liked the preview comic in the back of return to Labyrinth.

Verona

Reaction score
DannyRWW said:
I really liked the preview comic in the back of return to Labyrinth.
I wish I could see that one. Example, someone?

Reaction score
I think it looks so amazing. It's like he channeling Brian Froud. Visually, it surpasses the Labyrinth manga. Max, it looks great. I can wait to purchase it in March! :smile:

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really love this guy's art. Especially the Gelflings, they're so cute! And the Mystics and Skeksis looks so awesome! I was afraid the comic wouldn't retain any Froudness, but it retains a surprising amount!

Even though I doubt I'll ever buy the comics, the art is simply lovely.

DTWolf

Reaction score
The back of vol. 1 of Return to Labyrinth includes a 25-page preview of the upcoming Dark Crystal graphic novel. If you want to see, stroll over to the manga section of a large-sized bookstore and take a look.

In stark contrast to the shoddy drawing in Return to Labyrinth, the Dark Crystal pages are truly well done. I'm looking forward to it--I won't be buying more of the Labyrinth graphic novels, but I will definitely be picking up Legends of the Dark Crystal. It seems both art and story are going to be high quality.

And the work in those links was marvelous too! Thanks for sharing.

Verona

Reaction score
DTWolf said:
The back of vol. 1 of Return to Labyrinth includes a 25-page preview of the upcoming Dark Crystal graphic novel. If you want to see, stroll over to the manga section of a large-sized bookstore and take a look.

In stark contrast to the shoddy drawing in Return to Labyrinth, the Dark Crystal pages are truly well done. I'm looking forward to it--I won't be buying more of the Labyrinth graphic novels, but I will definitely be picking up Legends of the Dark Crystal. It seems both art and story are going to be high quality.

And the work in those links was marvelous too! Thanks for sharing.
I was looking for some scans of that preview but can't find it! :mad:

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Amazing artistry, but the Gelflings don't look like gelflings to me..they need to look more innocent..I think he draws 'em really anime esk hehe..its good though!

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
If they were anime-esque, they'd have huge, shiny eyes and impossibly spiky or long hair. :wink:

(Yes, I know not all anime is like this. I'm generalizing.)

But I really like this guy's style, to me it's a real feat to be able to develop your own graphic novel style without slipping into anime.