Let's face it: DC2 is a LOW BUDGET movie!

Laszlo

Reaction score
The first DARK CRYSTAL was a high budget + state of the art movie, back then (1982). You can see by everything on-screen that it was VERY expensive and time-consuming.

Now the sequel (at a 20-30 millions cost) is a low budget movie by today's standards. :mad:
Imo it would cost about 100-200 Millions to make it "right".

travellingpat

Reaction score
Jeez 20 million thats all? Well i mean they're not hiring big actors or doing huge special effects...so idk maybe itll be ok...

Laszlo

Reaction score
Yes, I really hope they manage to make a good sequel... even without much money.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I hope its gonna be good, was the muppet movie or any other of theirs low budget? i bet they were...does anyone know?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, while I understand that some things cost money to pull together, and of course the people working on the film need to be payed, I don't think you should judge the movee just by the amount of money that is spent on it.Perhaps it will not be very good; perhaps it will be great! I don't like to think though that just because you don't have, or don't choose to spend a lot of money, you can't make a good film.

Meepsterboy

Reaction score
Yeah, don't judge based on budget. If you use that, then Star Trek: The Motion(less) Picture was a better film than Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, and we all know that isn't true.

dabauckham

Reaction score
Meepsterboy said:
Yeah, don't judge based on budget. If you use that, then Star Trek: The Motion(less) Picture was a better film than Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, and we all know that isn't true.
Yeah - Star Trek II blowed the socks off of I. (I'm kinda surprised I was higher budget, actually, which goes to show that money is far from everything).

I definitely am still excited about the new movie. The most important thing, when you come down to it, is the storytelling, so let's hope that piece is good.

JMPrater

Reaction score
100-200 million dollars is outragious and frankly I wouldn't want to see a sequel that expensive. 20-30 million is an adequate budget of a film of this size.

dabauckham

Reaction score
I agree, often the really high-budget movies are pretty lousy anyway. And it doesn't exactly seem in the spirit of JH to break the bank for a movie. Creativity should make up for what is lacking in money.

Laszlo

Reaction score
"300" is a movie with all CG backgrounds and costed about 60 Mio.
And that's a movie without big stars or high- tech animatronic characters.