1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Let's see your Whatnots

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Boba Lynn, Dec 13, 2011.

1. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Active Member

Pics please! How is the Monster fur? Which color did you get? I am tempted to make up and order a WhatNot Monster...looking at purple fur and hair with horns.
  2. TikiColadas

Hello.

The 2 Muppet WhatNots you see in my photo are the ones I ordered from FAO online. I bought the Muppet WhatNot box set kit that comes with choice of blue or orange body and various eyes and hair for my daughter for Christmas. The online WhatNots from FAO are a bit larger, especially the head, than the WhatNot Kits that you buy at TOYS R US. The clothing I bought for my WhatNots from FAO online are baby 12 month sizes and fit perfectly.

I hope this helps.

~J
  3. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

I'll get some when he is done. The purple fur is nice and shaggy!
    I got the blue body, purple head piece, purple suit, orange oval nose, and regular monster eyes.
    You can do that combo at the FAO site and basically see what I got.

I got an extra purple shirt when they were offering free cloths with every purchase up to the 17th.

I wasn't crazy about the placement of the features from FAO so I took that extra shirt and cut the arms off and used that material to fully cover the monsters face. I redid the eye placement, stuffed the horns full, and I may or may not add a nose. I destroyed the nose taking it off and I have to make or find a replacement, but I'm liking it without the nose. I used the rest of the shirt to extend what was on the body to make the body longer.
    I just got to get some black fur for the eye brows and decide what I want to do with the nose.
    It looks really good.
    Lynn
  4. HootsytheOwl

HootsytheOwl Member

Dear Tiki,
    Thank you very much! Well today I got a nice sweatshirt for the first of my puppet creations, and it fit very well. His name is Herbie. He's a cute little boy type puppet.[​IMG] If I can figure out how to put up a picture of him I will. LOL

Your friend,
    Kitt
  5. TikiColadas

Great! Looking forward to seeing it!
  6. TikiColadas

EXCELLENT!! I can't wait to see you pic!
  7. HootsytheOwl

HootsytheOwl Member

[​IMG] Here's Herbie and I.....I finally figured out how to get a picture of us on here.

Your friend(s),
    Kitt ( and Herbie)
    jimmymontana and TikiColadas like this.
  8. TikiColadas

LOVE IT!!!
  9. Walter

Walter Active Member

This kinda OT, but in the new MUPPETS movie, if you look next to hobo joe during the telethon, one of his friends is a Green Whatnot!
    TikiColadas likes this.
  10. TikiColadas

Walter, YUP! :)

I've seen the new movie 4 times now.
    *waiting for BluRay!
  11. Walter

Walter Active Member

Yeah! I can't wait to get a better look at him so I can make a replica:crazy:
    TikiColadas likes this.
  12. TikiColadas

Cool! I'd like to do the same. I want more WhatNots!
  13. Muppetfan1181

Muppetfan1181 New Member

New member here..
    Got a whatnot for Christmas! YAY! Anyone having an issue with the hair not staying on? How are you fixing it? My kit came with 3 different styles.
    Thanks!!
  14. Walter

Walter Active Member

hmmm.. A few people have had issues with that.. I suggest going to a craft store and getting some velcro to stick under the hair..

Oh, and Welcome to MuppetCentral!
  15. jimmymontana

jimmymontana Member

Hey, I love seeing all of he different Whatnot pictures. It's great to see how different they all look even though they all come from the same three body types and colours.

Below is a video I did using my Whatnots, it was a review of the new Twilight film that came out at he time. I know in some of the forums people have commented about the Whatnots quality (the polar fleece, the mouths not fully clothing and the seems being visible) but actually on camera they look really good. The colours are strong and striking, because of he plainess of their faces it's really easy to show characer too.

Let me know what you guys think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKbP11-CgCk
  16. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Nice video! I like your Whatnots! :D
    jimmymontana likes this.
  17. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I like the what nots..yeah they aren't meant to be more than a toy but the klids in my puppet team don't mind performing with them... a little tight on the hand for and adult but I do use mine on stage from time to time.
  18. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

@Jimmy, I keep getting an error when I try to watch your video. Maybe my internet is being dumb; I'll check back at a later time.

I asked for a WhatNot for Christmas, but didn't get one. That's OK, though.
  19. jimmymontana

jimmymontana Member

20. Herry Grail

Herry Grail New Member

Hot glue version on the left (with added TRU moustache and goatee); TRU Velcro version on the right:
    [​IMG]

(BTW, the hot-glue FAO monster is wearing a TRU jacket, and the TRU Whatnot is wearing the monster's original tux, which I don't think is available for the kit puppets.)