Letters to Santa: Some thoughts

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
The best scene with Clair's mom is when the Mail Snails show up again and she's just like, "I don't have time for this" and walks out of the frame.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ha ha, I forgot about a lot of this, even though we just watched it a little over a week ago! (Though "watched" can be a great exaggeration when you're chasing after a toddler all day, lol) Good thing it's on my Christmas Specials Weekend Viewing List, heh. I hope I like it as much as I liked IAVMMCM upon viewing it again after finally owning it in widescreen, and remastered too!! :big_grin: Thanks Universal (for cashing in, yuck yuck, but hey, I got my widescreen Muppets right?). :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd tend to say that LTS isn't as hectic and early Family Guy-esque as VMX was. The pacing was slower, and more on par with some of the earlier Muppet movies. Other than some script problems (that lead to some lost opportunities) , the really short running time, and the fact this would have really been solid if they worked on it a little longer I felt it was quite a decent special. Your mileage may vary.

zoebell

Reaction score
does anyone know where i can watch this? online or something?

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I just got the DVD a couple of weeks ago (I also have "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" on DVD that I got for $10 at Wal-Mart). It was interesting to hear Matt Vogel's version of Robin and Lew Zealand. Anyone else think that the Scooter puppet looked weird; it just looked stiff when he talked (could have been that David Rudman was starting to perform Richard's classic characters and was nervous). It's posted on YouTube, but you can get it through Amazon.

zoebell

Reaction score
the whole special's on youtube? i couldn't find it

Puckrox

Reaction score
Anyone else think that the Scooter puppet looked weird; it just looked stiff when he talked (could have been that David Rudman was starting to perform Richard's classic characters and was nervous).
While I love Letters to Santa, I'd agree that the Scooter's really off for it. David's come a long way.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
It was on YouTube last year, but it got removed. I watched all of my Muppet Christmas specials on DVD this year - Muppet Christmas Carol, It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and Letters To Santa.