Little Muppet Monsters

BAZ

Reaction score
I have always wondered, what happened to this show? All I can ever find out is that it went 2 episodes and then was replaced with an hour long version of Muppet Babies. I recall seeing the show and enjoyed it. Why didn't it last?

Salmoto

Reaction score
Most likely cause noone was watching it, I distinctly remember when I was 6, I fliipped channels past the Kermit PI cartoon and watched something else for te first hlaf hour. Then I went back to Muppet Babies. It was real early in the morning, so needless to say I was distracted. But I found something cool in my reently bought Daredevil comic: an advertisment for the show next to ads of Hulk Hogan and the Wuzzles.

http://www.geocities.com/xegesisjerk/mupmons.jpg

and in case you can't see that one.

http://www.geocities.com/xegesisjerk/mupmons.htm

beaker

Reaction score
Anybody have any episodes on vhs? I was vastly into sat morning cartoons in the 80's yet somehow missed this one. grrr:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do not know why esle this show was shelved other than no one watched it (and to be shelved after ONLY 2 episodes?). I'd need a copy of the sat am schedual of that season to find out what everyone esle was watching.

However, short clips of this show (Kermit P.I. and Pigs in Space) were incorperated into an episode of Muppet Babies (Eight Flags over the Nursary, available on the video "Let's Build") as little films the characters made.

Kermit P.I. Was very cute, and it would be a great idea if they made it live action, but I do like the animated Pigs in Space. Now, despite the fact that animating a puppet show defeats the purpose (just look at how successful Beany and Cecil were), it was a peretty good idea. You can get away with so much more in animation, than they could have on the show (Basically, all you have to do is make the Korean animators work faster).

However, I would rather the idea have the original cast (Jim, Frank, and Jerry, amoung others) and crew (Jerry Juhl as writer). Sort of a salute to the old Star Trek cartoon (I have seen it once on cable, I'm not a fan of Star Trek).

But I digress!

I just hated Piggy and Strangepork's voices. Piggy sounded off. WAY WAY WAY off! Strangepork sounded more like Fearless Leader on Bullwinkle!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I liked Muppet Monsters more than Muppet Babies....waaaay more. I never got the announcement when I was a kid and always waited for it to come back. I wish they'd make another attempt these days. I'm sure it would find a place on nick or noggin.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

They wouldnt need to make no more, They made a whole Season of 13 Episodes !

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
>>>They wouldnt need to make no more, They made a whole Season of 13 Episodes !<<<

So here is the big question: does any fan out there have all 13 episodes, or just the 3 shown on tv? Or are they still in the JHC vault?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, they'd likely re-cut them to fit today's palete. Hopefully not much. I had no idea they had that many shows! It's disappointing to see that JHC obviously were backing the project at the beginning and then really backed out. I remember humming to the closing theme of the Muppet Babies and singing "Little Muppet Monsters" where the lyrics would have been in the opening. As much as i loathed the cartoon (past season 1), i loved those little monsters.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>It's disappointing to see that JHC obviously were backing the project at the beginning and then really backed out.<<<

Im really curious to see the 13 shows made(being as Ive never seen any of them) and the rumored uniared pilot of Scary Scary Monsters(1998) Sad, its 2002 and there still isnt really any kind of tangible or networked fan trade community for JHC related stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Jamie,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
They wouldnt need to make no more, They made a whole Season of 13 Episodes !
That is just really stupid thinking! Even if a show does bad, it should last at least a HALF a season!

I don't care how bad people thought the cartoon was, there were worse shows that did worse in ratings that stayed on at least 13 eps.

Heck! Even the lame, rediculous "Bay City Rollers" show lasted longer.

It was before my time, but I read about it in a book about Daytime television!

As for putting it on Noggin or Nick, they'd rather air patronizing pap like Blues Clues!