Little things we've noticed

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thanks to info from trusted sources, I recently found at Muppet Wiki that at least three of the segments listed as being from season 11 in 40 Years of Sunny Days (Kermit News: Foot Snuggies, Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco, and Monsterpiece Theater: Me, Claudias) actually premiered in season 12 episodes. I don't know if they were all taped during season 11 and were held over a year, or if it was a mistake (wouldn't be the first time an official listing was incorrect about when certain segments debuted).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Probably the same deal with "Letter B", which has a season 11 copyright date (1979) and was listed as season 11 on old school volume 3.

Maybe it was just held off from airing.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Watching "MAD!", I noticed with Little Jerry's movement, that doesn't look like Jerry Nelson's movement. He sings with every syllable and just the way he dances around looks like Frank's manipulation.

(On another note, I also noticed in Jeffy's and Jerry's bridge, you can see an edge of the camera lens' Iris at the bottom).

And the obvious, the fact that Big Jeffy's boned necklace is caught in his arm in the first two verses.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh wow, I never even noticed that until you pointed it out! I actually had to pause to see that.

cjd874

Reaction score
Watching "MAD!", I noticed with Little Jerry's movement, that doesn't look like Jerry Nelson's movement. He sings with every syllable and just the way he dances around looks like Frank's manipulation.

(On another note, I also noticed in Jeffy's and Jerry's bridge, you can see an edge of the camera lens' Iris at the bottom).

And the obvious, the fact that Big Jeffy's boned necklace is caught in his arm in the first two verses.
Sometimes I wonder if Jerry Nelson was always the puppeteer operating Little Jerry. I vaguely remember hearing that Jim Henson sometimes operated Little Jerry to Nelson's vocal track, but in "Mad" it does look like Frank's performance.

I'm inclined to believe that Jerry Nelson operated and sang for Little Jerry more often than not. Richard Hunt probably operated Rockin' Richard, Jim probably operated Big Jeffy, and Frank probably operated Chrissy.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I definitely noticed in Telephone Rock and Danger, that was definitely Jerry doing puppetry. Proud and Mad was clearly Frank Oz. Everything else I'm pretty sure was Jerry.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lest we forget Fran also did Little Jerry (both puppetry and voice) in Grover's WALK lecture.

Some have also speculated that Bob McGrath actually did some of Little Jerry's vocals early on occasionally.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like Noggin didn't edit Muppet inserts from Sesame Street Unpaved, but quite a few street scenes, that were part of the plot and not aired in other episodes that Noggin aired, were cut. Noggin needed to cut a few minutes from each episode, but I would think they'd cut material that appeared in other episodes that Noggin was airing (unless it was something they objected to airing). And I believe there are some inserts that were completely cut from Noggin (like "Ride a Bike" and Gordon taking a bicycle ride... two different segments with adult characters riding bikes, without wearing helmets).

But in looking at some of Muppet Wiki's guides for episodes that aired as part of 123 Sesame, Noggin did edit out some Muppet inserts. I had been aware for years (after seeing the episode on iTunes) that one episode removed some Baby Tooth and the Fuzzy Funk segments, and after seeing all the season 25 episodes now have full rundowns, I looked at the page for the episode where Big Bird looks for somebody is sad and saw that Noggin cut Harvey Kneeslapper's "A" joke (I had seen the episode on PBS and remembered there being a Harvey Kneeslapper segment in that episode). Clicking on the photo to see what episodes it links to, I don't think that one appeared in any other episodes Noggin aired (years before HBO cut Harvey Kneeslapper segments from whatever episodes he was in, though I think other Harvey Kneeslapper segments remained in Noggin episodes).