Little things we've noticed

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It seems like in books and other merchandise, Prairie Dawn was often portrayed as more of a tomboy, while Betty Lou was more girly. But in the actual show it was kind of the other way around.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I believe Kevin Clash is puppeteering Ernie here. If I am wrong please tell me.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can kind of see it, actually. With the way he sways his head.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The "counting cafe" game is the only time Mr. Johnson gets a break from poor service. :laugh:

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Here's something I've noticed. In Roscoe ormans first episode as Gordon. The first time we see him onscreen. He is seen walking up the stairs to 123. In his very last appearance from season 46. The last time we see him onscreen he is walking down those same steps.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I noticed the Sesame Street News skit with Don Music singing "Old MacDonald" has the same chicken sound from the Waiter Grover skit with Simon Soundman.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I know alot of skits have ad-libbing, but it occured to me that I think a good portion of the Ernie and Bert skit where the former helps out with the latter's bottle cap collection was almost entirely ad-libbed. :stick_out_tongue:

"I told you they were clean, Bert. :rolleyes: "

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Ernie's hair looks pretty disheaveled in this skit (at least on the beginning):

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not so much a little thing, but "456" sure does get recycled as an address number on the street a lot. It's been: Gina's apartment, Bob's apartment, an ATC address, Count's castle, among others.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Not sure if this was intentional, but the segment where Ernie and Bert go to Egypt is like the opposite of a typical Ernie and Bert sketch.

Many have Ernie dragging Bert into his activities/nonsense, which Bert is not interested in, but as soon as he is enjoying the activity and really into it, Ernie just happens to be ready to end it.

In this one, Bert is the one interested in visiting an Egyptian pyramid, while Ernie is not interested, though in this case it's because Ernie is afraid. We don't really know if Bert dragged Ernie into going or if Ernie was interested but became scared as he entered the place or what. But then the statue moves when Bert's not around, scaring Ernie, but as soon as Ernie stops being scared and starts enjoying himself, Bert decides they should just go home.

I also now realize that at this point, whether the statue is real or not, Ernie is clearly no longer scared. There was really no need for them to leave then.