Live-action Garfield in theaters this Christmas

wolfy

Reaction score
Scooby Doo is a decent film. Save for that disqusting and embarrassingly abnoxious scene between Shaggy and Scooby involving "bodily functions,"
Ah-HA!

So I'm not the only one who has noticed that there seems to be a lot of "bodily function," "crotch shot" and other "low-grade humor" in movies that are geared toward kids lately!

I saw "Flubber" with Robin Williams at the theater with my kids, wincing throughout quite a bit of it, but I think the absolute worst part of the whole thing I had to sit through was when the flubber slammed into Christopher McDonald's mouth and went through his body, coming out his ... well, backside ... like a major gas pain. That was TOTALLY disgusting and uncalled for.

I can just imagine Walt whirling in his grave over the movies that have been produced since his death...starting with "Black Hole" (the first on-screen murder I'd ever seen in a Disney movie, right in front of your eyes!).

I think some of the directors and actors of old would be horrified to know what children watch these days, and what passes as "entertainment."

Don't even get me STARTED on those "reality" shows on televison...(grrrr!)

Well, all I can say about the "Garfield" and possible "Mr. Ed" movies, and the maybe "Honeymooners" movie is this: "If it ain't broke...don't fix it!"
wolfy

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
So I'm not the only one who has noticed that there seems to be a lot of "bodily function," "crotch shot" and other "low-grade humor" in movies that are geared toward kids lately!
oh my god, my friend was laughing at that part so hard and me and my brother were like...this is too much...it's not funny. i think the only time i found a bodily function gag really funny in a movie was the Eddy Murphy, Nutty Professer, i guess it had to deal with him being ever character (besides the young boy)

it's not something i want to see in a Garfield movie

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Grrr. I hate gas jokes. I don't find them funny. Well, you're right. Except in Nutty Professor.

Speaking of Garfield, Zack, are you a big fan of the Garfield cartoon series? If you are, do you get WB 49? I forget where it's out of, but if you do, it's on at five thirty in the morning on there. (with my cable, it comes in on channel 9) How do I know this? Fell asleep with the TV on last night. Was going to stay up for 3rd Rock (would you believe the only time it's ever on around here is at 1 am????:mad: ) and fell asleep before it came on. Woke up at around 5:15 and just started flipping through channels, hoping one of those Muppet Show DVD Infomercials was on. Well, I flipped for fifteen minutes until Garfield came on. Then I ended up falling back to sleep.

Er, I guess the whole point to this is... I HATE SAURKRA- wait. No. That's the other thing. Do you get WB 49?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey Scooter, yeah i knew Garfield on not to long ago, i think it was on fox before, they also played the dennis the mennis cartoon. yeah i get wb49 plays on channle 8 on cable here.

the muppet show ads play all the time here, any time of the day!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog

the muppet show ads play all the time here, any time of the day!
Really? Wow! I gotta start channel flipping more. Gotta see that!

wolfy

Reaction score
Muppet Show ads are usually seen on FOX or WB channels after 1 a.m. (EST) here.

You just have to sit through the "The following is a paid commercial/advertising program" kind of thing first, and then hope that it's the Muppet Show's ad.

Sometimes you get those "I lost 200 pounds by drinking this crappy stuff for only 2 days" ads...never did believe in those...!

As for the best "gas" joke...don't know what it was on "Nutty Professor" (never saw Fred MacMurray DO gas jokes!)...I'd personally have to say that the most REALISTIC one I came across was during "Blazing Saddles."

I swear, more people in the theater gagged during that than any other part of the movie (except when Harvey Korman and Slim Pickens were looking for Harvey's "froggie" in the tub - ick!).
wolfy

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy

As for the best "gas" joke...don't know what it was on "Nutty Professor" (never saw Fred MacMurray DO gas jokes!).
Don't you mean Jerry Lewis? Fred MacMurray wasn't the original Nutty Professor (although, you most likely just mixed the two movie titles up), he was in the original Flubber, The Absent-Minded Proffesor.

Thanks for the times. Maybe I'll stay up tonight and check for it. :embarrassed:

wolfy

Reaction score
Right, right...

Fred in "Absent-Minded Professor" which was the movie that "Flubber" was based on (and we were talking about originally), and Jerry Lewis in "Nutty Professor," which was referred to by someone as having good gas jokes (redone by Eddie Murphy with the same name).

Good grief, Scooter, were you sitting on top of the site? You wrote almost faster than I got out of here and was able to check my email! :smile:

As for the mix-up in the movies...hey, I'm old! Gimme a break! :smile:

Thanks for setting the record straight (although records are round, and thus hard to be set straight, as far as I ever knew, but I digress...)
wolfy

PS You're welcome. I hope the "Muppet Show" ad comes on. It was on last night before (yes, I watched it...I have insomnia) "Jenny Jones"...

wolfy

Reaction score
:eek:

AUGH! NO!

It was right before "Moral Court!"

Sorry about the wrong show name! Brain fart...

Like I said, I'm getting OLD! :sleep:
wolfy

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy

Good grief, Scooter, were you sitting on top of the site? You wrote almost faster than I got out of here and was able to check my email! :smile:
What? Are you talking to me? I posted ten minutes after you did. Did I email you something?

And, don't worry too much. It happens to the best of us...:sleep: :boo: