Live-action Garfield in theaters this Christmas

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jon Arbuckle would have to be played by someone really nerdy and in between being ugly and cute. Also someone who transfers well to an action figure (because you KNOW that'll be coming out with the movie). If they do make action figures, I hope Palisades does it.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
French Stewart, who played "Harry" on "Third Rock from the Sun" on NBC is starring as the new "Gadget" because Matthew Broderick was busy with "The Producers" and "The Music Man" on Broadway, then did "The Music Man" for Disney.

I didn't watch the Disney version of "Music Man." To me, no one could really take the place of Robert Preston, although Eric McCormic could give it a good run for it's money (he was the one who first did "MM" on Broadway this past season, then Broderick took over).
Just thought I'd point out that Matthew didn't do "The Music Man" on Broadway. He strictly did the film. :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
You know what movie they got practly perfect changing from a cartoon to live movie...Dennis the mennis!

it was SOOOOOO ture to the show! they had great actors that all looked the part! Walter Matthew was fantasic! the boy who played Dennis might have been a little off, he didn't seem as smart as the cartoon dennis is and he was kinda thin,cartoon dennis has a cunky face, but it was still very true to the show and made a nice new twist on the movie!

wow Screetch for shaggy? kinda dorky, in a screetch kinda way:wink: any idea why he didn't maybe he could play Jon, er, the cast has been set:mad:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy

I take it that Nell Fenwick was done by Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew's wife? No, I can't see her in that part. Glad I never saw the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" movie...don't think I'd want to have my heart broken like that! Tell me, did they get Danny DeVito for the part of Boris? He would have been great...

Er, Nell Fenwick wasn't in "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Movie." I think you're thinking of "Dudley Do-Right."

And, no, Danny DeVito did not play Boris. He was played by a far greater actor, and one who could actually pull off the accent, Jason Alexander. His Boris is amazing! Him and Rene Russo as Natasha (real good) and Robert DeNiro as Fearless Leader were the best parts of the movie.

The Dennis the Menace movie was based more on the TV series than the cartoon, which, if you've ever seen the show, made Dennis a perfect match.

I just think David Arquette would do really well as Jon. As was said, he can be real goofy and nerdy, as proven in IAVMMCM, but, not only that, he sorta looks like Jon too. He's got the same shaped face.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The Dennis the Menace movie was based more on the TV series than the cartoon, which, if you've ever seen the show, made Dennis a perfect match.
OOHHHH YEAAHHH! hey i wasn't even thinking of that, younger though, because the old TV show dennis was older but, yeah it was perfect, i haven't seen that show in sooo long, that and classic lassie,flipper and MR. Ed were some of the best old show!

Zack)Rowlf the, anyone remember Car 54 where are you?Dog

wolfy

Reaction score
I don't know who is in it, or when it is going to be started or done or what all the details are, but I DO know that there IS a "Mr. Ed" remake in the works.

Rumor control says that it may be an Eddie Murphy project, and that Mr. Ed may be voiced by an African-American this time...

Just thought I'd give you something to think about, Zack...
wolfy

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
OHHHH! COOL! thanks for that info wolfy, i have been thinking of a Mr. Ed movie, ehh, i don't know if you mean Eddie Murphy will voice him? Eddie already voiced Donkey in Shrek;-)

but i mean i wouldn't want Chris Rock to voice Ed, ehhh, it would ruin the character, i hope they find a good voice. where did you hear about this

thanks again!

zack,

wolfy

Reaction score
I tried to find some more information about this, Zack, but wasn't able to do much in the little time I had to look around the Internet.

I'm hoping Chris Rock won't get the voice of Mr. Ed, either, if they do make a remake of it.

I'm thinking that Eddie Murphy might be wanting to make the movie, sort of along the lines of directing and acting like he did with "Dr. Doolittle 2."

I don't know if he is going to be the voice or not, but there is always that possibility...

I don't know...seems to me that the classic is the best way to remember some things. Remakes can be deadly...
wolfy

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If Chris Rock does Mr. Ed, the movie might as well be dead. The problem with remakes or films about tv shows is when they don't stay TRUE to what they're doing.

Scooby Doo live action would have been better had they done a movie based more on the cartoon and did less to MOCK it!

But, the Brady Bunch movies worked okay by mocking the lame tv show (someone's gonna hit me for that).

Just like talks about a Honeymooners movie, they mentioned Tom Arnold as Ralph? !!! Gimme a break. Everyone knows John Goodman is the only one right for that role!

The voice of Mr. Ed needs to sound like the one in the film. That's what was funny about Ed.

Regarding Garfield, I was thinking about it and it's likely to be low-budget and probably direct to video, if not it'll be a bomb. I think public awareness for Garfieled is lacking nowadays because it's not as good as it used to be.

Kev:embarrassed:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Scooby Doo is a decent film. Save for that disqusting and embarrassingly abnoxious scene between Shaggy and Scooby involving "bodily functions," Scooby Doo is one of those "Take it as it is" movies. I am a huge fan of the cartoon, and I thought the movie was a good adaptation. Not great (There are things you can do in cartoons that just do not go over in live-action), but not awful.

As for the Garfield film due out in December, I just hope it's better than the cartoon series. Although the show was well done, it was also terribly un-funny (Although US Acres is pretty good).

I am also a huge fan of Garfield; and although Jim Davis has practically run out of good ideas, Garfield is still one of the best strips out there.

Let's just hope that Davis isn't writing the script LOL. No offense to him; he's still great; he's just losing his stuff