1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Looking back at MC Forums

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by gavry3, Jun 9, 2016.

1. gavry3

gavry3 Active Member

Colbynfriends and WhoseLineFan like this.
  2. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

I was actually looking at that about a month ago myself. As a new member, I think it's cool to check out sites your on and see how they looked like way back when. Personally, I like the way everything looks right now best, but it's all interesting.

3. gavry3

gavry3 Active Member

Yes, and I even looked up some people that said were online when the screenshots were taken, and some of them haven't been on for 7 years! Haha.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

In terms of layout, appearance, and everything . . . ehh . . . I feel like I'm missing the old vBulletin days less and less, if only because I'm more used to this server now. Plus, we've got so many more features now that the vBulletin forum didn't have, such as larger avatars, more smileys, posting images and videos in threads (back then, that was strictly forbidden due to bandwidth issues), so I'd say for user ability, I'd say I'm fine with MC presently.

Now, as far as the community goes in terms of activity and members and such, I'd definitely say the period from mid-2005 to late 2009: during that period, the community as a whole really picked up and we really started bonding with one another and developing the close-knit group of Muppet Freaks that we had become - older members were coming out of their shells (including myself), and during this time, newer "second generation" members were joining up and adding to the fun atmosphere in their own way, and it just really made MC the very special place it was.

1000 Eyes likes this.
  5. gavry3

gavry3 Active Member

I wasn't on MC back then, but I can tell from all the threads that it was an outstanding time for the forums. MC is really something special to the Muppet world. It's one of the only social things Muppet Fans have.