Looking to compile rare Sesame songs

Frazzle

Reaction score
Zet said:
If anyone would like me to e-mail them some directions I wrote for recording from a VCR I'd be happy to (see my signature below). It covers setting up your VCR, what cable/adapter you need based on your VCR, and a how-to for the most necessary features of Wave Repair. I tried to make them so that someone with basically zero knowledge would be able to get started, plus some more advanced stuff I've learned to maximize your recording's quality (including important stuff about VCR settings that you might not know), as well important info for minimizing size of APE files. I think it will speed up the process significantly for anyone interested (I would have liked to have had something similar when I started!).

-Z

I would love to learn how to transfer my video files to my computer, for audio & video versions of all of my old favorites. I have old unpaved episodes with many favorites from the very first season of SS. I'd love to copy the whole set of the jazzy spies series & the falling baker. I have alot of the clips you have just not on my computer & I would love to get them in those formats.
:halo:

Zet

Reaction score
Frazzle said:
I would love to learn how to transfer my video files to my computer, for audio & video versions of all of my old favorites. I have old unpaved episodes with many favorites from the very first season of SS. I'd love to copy the whole set of the jazzy spies series & the falling baker. I have alot of the clips you have just not on my computer & I would love to get them in those formats.
:halo:
I sent some info to your yahoo account, but what I wrote is about audio recording only (not video). So if you're interested in audio recording, I hope it helps....
-Z

prickle747

Reaction score
i have jazzy spies doin number 7 on mp3

and i can make capital I if needed...........

anyone need email me...........

and frazzle........ manamana (1969) was GREAT !! luv that 1

Frazzle

Reaction score
prickle747 said:
and frazzle........ manamana (1969) was GREAT !! luv that 1
Glad you are enjoying it! That one is much harder to find that the muppet show version. I'm going to try my luck at transfering my old clips to my computer. If it works, I may be able to send you the video clip of that one too.

:wink: :sing:

Frazzle

Reaction score
Zet said:
I sent some info to your yahoo account, but what I wrote is about audio recording only (not video). So if you're interested in audio recording, I hope it helps....
-Z

Thanks a million Zet! I bought the cables to hook to my VCR & I'm going to try recording audio using my MusicMatch software & running a line through the line-in jacks. Wish me luck! I'm really hoping I can transfer the video too, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I may need other video software than what I have for that & a new video card.

prickle747

Reaction score
Frazzle said:
Thanks a million Zet! I bought the cables to hook to my VCR & I'm going to try recording audio using my MusicMatch software & running a line through the line-in jacks. Wish me luck! I'm really hoping I can transfer the video too, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I may need other video software than what I have for that & a new video card.

best of luck frazzle with your project(s) !!

what format is your video going to be in .avi or .mpg

i have sent you an invite for msn messenger this is better way to send larger files..........it's worth a try.......... :smile:

since our luck ran out on winmx.

Zet

Reaction score
Frazzle said:
You're welcome Frazzle...good luck. :smile:
Everyone wants to transfer video of course, but the system specs it requires are pretty high. Even when you have nicer hardware & software, I'm told there's a learning curve and some trial & error involved. I have lots of video (sesame and otherwise) that I'd like to transfer, but until I can do it and have it look at least as good as a VHS dub (without pixelation) I'm holding back. You might want to do some reading at a video-recording forum before you make any purchases.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Can any of ya'll send me some of ur audio songs of SS? I would love to have some of those songs. I really like Fazzle's song. Can any of ya'll send me some of thoes songs please. and Does any one have Grover's letter he sings about?

Zet

Reaction score
Jazzy Spies 4 available

Erine81981 said:
Can any of ya'll send me some of ur audio songs of SS? I would love to have some of those songs. I really like Fazzle's song. Can any of ya'll send me some of thoes songs please. and Does any one have Grover's letter he sings about?
I have a copy of Jazzy Spies 4 (recorded from off-the-air HiFi tape in SP speed) if anyone would like this by e-mail.
It's in .APE format, which means if you want to play it as-is, the easiest way is to install the Monkey's Audio program:
http://www.monkeysaudio.com/download.html
This includes a self-installing plugin for Winamp vers. 2 that allows you to play .APE files just like WAVs or MP3's (as well as the Monkey's Audio program that lets you convert the file back to .WAV format for burning to audio CD or playing in other media players).

You can get Winamp 2 here:
http://classic.winamp.com/

This may seem like a bit of a hassle, but the good thing is that .APE files don't use lossy compression, so if you convert an .APE file back to original .WAV, it will be exactly the same quality as the copy I recorded from the videotape.
The only thing I ask is that you agree to forward the file to someone else that asks for it since it takes a while to upload a file with my dialup connection using my Yahoo mail account.
The file is 2 megs in size, so be aware that this might put some accounts (like yahoo) over the 4 meg (IIRC) limit (if you already have a lot of mail)...in that case you'll want to download the file when you get it and delete the original e-mail.
See my signature if you want the file...
-Z