Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Welcome to the craziness here at MC Carissa. BTW: That's a nice name. Um, do you mean the song "Mahna Mahna"? There are a lot of people here who have that one and can probably help, so I sincerely hope you get the song you're after. And have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Hey! I was just over at Muppet Wiki and came across this about that UK version of The Muppet Movie:

The release of this film in the United Kingdom lasted a few minutes longer than in America. Some of the extra scenes included a longer conversation between Doc Hopper and Max before they encountered Kermit and Fozzie in the rainbow-painted studebaker, Dr. Teeth mentioning Big Bird when he read the script, and an extra verse of I Hope That Something Better Comes Along. Also in this version of the film, the Muppets' conversations during the end credits can be heard more clearly. This version of the film was only released on video in the original UK video release.

So, my question is, does anyone have a copy of this extra verse version of "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along"?

Thanks! :sing:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I have the extra-verse version, but it's pretty much the normal version that I assumed everyone has. The extra verse is "Ah, but what could be better than a saucy Irish setter when puppy love comes on strong". The first time I ever dwled the songs from TMM, this is the version I got. Unless there's ANOTHER version with ANOTHER extra verse...

But I'll send this along to you Randall, just in case. :wink:

Carissa

Reaction score
Hi... Welcome to the craziness here at MC Carissa. BTW: That's a nice name. Um, do you mean the song "Mahna Mahna"? There are a lot of people here who have that one and can probably help, so I sincerely hope you get the song you're after. And have fun exploring the rest of the forums.
Yes, I meant that one. xD And thanks for the welcome. I figured that hardcore fans of muppets would probably be friendly, but all the same I'm suprised at the prompt and friendly response I got from people--I ended up getting 2 or 3 emails with the song attached right after making the request. I won't be around much--I wouldn't really be able to contribute to any conversations as I never really got into the muppets (some of them frightened me when I was a small child =\); but I'd like to sincerely thank the people of this forum for helping me out in such a friendly manner.
I wish you guys the best.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I have the extra-verse version, but it's pretty much the normal version that I assumed everyone has. The extra verse is "Ah, but what could be better than a saucy Irish setter when puppy love comes on strong". The first time I ever dwled the songs from TMM, this is the version I got. Unless there's ANOTHER version with ANOTHER extra verse...

But I'll send this along to you Randall, just in case. :wink:
hmm... I'll have to watch the movie again.. I didn't realize that verse was missing :sympathy: :smile: .. thanks!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I'm sorry for the extremely late reply, but my power was out for a bit last week and my internet with it, and then I procrastinated so I didn't actually download the songs until last night, and then this thread was burried and I didn't feel like digging it up...
:embarrassed: Thanks for being patient!
:smile:
Very interesting too about the UK release of Tmm. I thaught it was only the soundtrack release that was different, not the whole movie. Now I'll have to track it down and watch it, if only to hear Dr. Teeth mention Bigbird!

Alright, my next batch of songs...

I didn't know there was a Bigbird only version of Read Me A Story. I'd love it if anyone has it! Also, could someone send me When The River Meets the Sea from A Christmas Together? Thanks. Also...

Cookie Monster Wants to Go to School
Cookiegate
all of the Monsterpiece Theater
Randal, all of the songs on your list labeled "the Count" except Six and the Count's Lullaby (if you need specific names, let me know and I'll go back through the list. That's all I wrote down.)
Count's Downhome Diner, (Dang, that's a looong title!)
Alright, more later.

Oh, and once again it's
kitkat1713@gmail.com

Thanks again!

anytimepally

Reaction score
Alright, my next batch of songs...

I didn't know there was a Bigbird only version of Read Me A Story. I'd love it if anyone has it! Also, could someone send me When The River Meets the Sea from A Christmas Together? Thanks. Also...

Cookie Monster Wants to Go to School
Cookiegate
all of the Monsterpiece Theater
Randal, all of the songs on your list labeled "the Count" except Six and the Count's Lullaby (if you need specific names, let me know and I'll go back through the list. That's all I wrote down.)
Count's Downhome Diner, (Dang, that's a looong title!)
Alright, more later.

Oh, and once again it's
kitkat1713@gmail.com

Thanks again!
I'll start working on these now! :sing:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey, Randall or Kyle or anybody, do you have Kermit and Tony Bennett singing "Firefly" from Muppets Tonight? Thanks! :big_grin:

anytimepally

Reaction score
Hey, Randall or Kyle or anybody, do you have Kermit and Tony Bennett singing "Firefly" from Muppets Tonight? Thanks! :big_grin:
this is actually from Tony Bennett's album The Playground rather than Muppets Tonight!.. the album also features Kermit & Tony singing "Bein' Green" and Elmo joining Tony for Joe Raposo's "Little Things"... but, sadly, none of these songs are in my collection :frown: .. sorry!